Decks that are lower to the ground pose less risk of injury when collapsing, but can be just as costly to repair. Smaller inflatable pools that fill up less than a foot of water, may be fine to put on a deck, but there are still risks involved.
And here’s the answer you’re looking for. A collection of related questions and answers you may need from time to time.
Can i put a kiddie pool on my deck? – All helpful answers
Can my deck hold a kiddie pool?Safety codes stipulate that a deck should only hold 40 lbs. per square foot. Most children’s pools hold much more than one cubic foot, but even one foot is in violation of this number, which does not include the weight of children in the pool or adults monitoring the activity.
Can you put swimming pools on decking?Ground Pools or stand-alone swimming pools are often a great substitute, which can be used as a permanent fixture with a Decking area installed around the pool. Decks designed to go around a pool are installed no differently from any other Decking style, with a structurally sound base.
Can you put a kiddie pool on a balcony?Putting an inflatable pool on a balcony may exceed the amount of weight that the balcony is intended to hold. A typical size kid pool that holds approximately 198 gallons of water would weigh over 1,600 pounds. This may surpass what the balcony is able to hold per square foot.
Can you put inflatable pool on patio?To place under an inflatable pool on concrete, the foam needs to be thick enough to ensure that it will be firm and won’t squash down with the weight of the pool. It’s advisable to use a rigid urethane foam sheet for this purpose instead of soft upholstery foam
How much weight can a deck support?In both theory and practice, most decks built with traditional wood framing are designed to carry loads of about 50 pounds per square foot (PSF).
How much weight can a 12×12 deck hold?A 12’x12? (144sq’) deck properly supported can hold 5 760lbs on it. you build. All floating decks, in fact, all decks built to code, can support no less than 40 lbs per square foot of deck.
How much weight can a balcony support?Overloading a balcony could result in a safety hazard that puts you or someone else in danger. That being said, generally speaking, balconies are load-rated to 50-100 pounds per square foot. Although, there’s a chance that your balcony was structurally built as a patio, which may change its load rating capacity.
Can you put an above-ground pool on a wooden deck?Above Ground Pool with Automatic Cover
Yes! It can be done with a wooden deck built around the pool.
What can I put under my inflatable pool to level it?Concrete is probably the best option since it is usually 100% level and smooth. Also, grass can’t grow through concrete and animals and bugs can’t damage or burrow through it either. Grass or dirt is also another great option, as long as it has been properly leveled and you’ve killed off the grass first.
Do you need a tarp under an inflatable pool?What To Put Under An Inflatable Pool. Smaller inflatable pools will do fine with just a tarp underneath them, or nothing at all if on flat grass free of debris. But larger inflatable pools, or pools set up on concrete should have a ground cloth or a pool floor liner pad to protect the pool from damage.
Can a deck hold 5000 lbs?To find out the maximum weight your deck can hold, you’ll need to multiply the total area by 50 psf. For example, a 100 square foot deck can support 5000 pounds. Again, this is an estimate that engineers have decided is a safe value for a deck accounting for the typical items a deck would hold.
Can I put an inflatable hot tub on my deck?Yes, you can put an inflatable hot tub on your deck. However, the deck should be modified for extra support. Hot tubs can weigh between 1000 and 5000lbs, depending on the size and how many people use the spa. By supporting the weight of the hot tub through reinforcement, the deck should be able to handle the weight.
Explore Can i put a kiddie pool on my deck? with tags: can i put a kiddie pool on my balcony?, What do you put under an inflatable pool on grass, Putting above ground pool on a deck, Inflatable pool on composite deck, What to put under kiddie pool, Can I put an inflatable pool on concrete, How to level an inflatable pool on concrete
Great posts about Can i put a kiddie pool on my deck?
Is It Safe to Put an Inflatable Pool on A Deck? – Backyard Caring
- Summary: Is It Safe to Put an Inflatable Pool on A Deck? – Backyard Caring Its summer and what you need is a cold therapy, maybe our landlord is not on board with you constructing a ground pool or maybe you cannot afford a ground pool, the best and inexpensive option is to use an inflatable pool. You may not have enough space in your backyard to accommodate an inflatable pool…
- Rating: 1.49 ⭐
- Source: https://www.backyardcaring.com/is-it-safe-to-put-an-inflatable-pool-on-a-deck/
Can My Deck Hold a Kiddie Pool? – Backyard Caring
- Summary: Can My Deck Hold a Kiddie Pool? – Backyard Caring Summertime is here, and you want your kids to cool off and have a blast. That can be done with an inflatable pool. Setting up an inflatable pool for your kids can sometimes be harder than you think. And because you want to find a safe and appropriate location for your kid’s inflatable pool, you find yourself asking questions…
- Rating: 3.94 ⭐
- Source: https://www.backyardcaring.com/can-my-deck-hold-a-kiddie-pool/
Maybe a dumb question but: Kiddie pool on the deck? – Reddit
- Summary: r/nova – Maybe a dumb question but: Kiddie pool on the deck? Hi. I’ve actually never had an apartment with outdoor space until now. I am renting a townhouse with a big deck off the main floor but no yard. Can I put a kiddie pool on it or is that too much weight/water? If so, How big would be too big on the deck – I already…
- Rating: 3.81 ⭐
- Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nova/comments/uqc9z5/maybe_a_dumb_question_but_kiddie_pool_on_the_deck/
Your Deck Holding a Kiddie Pool May Not Be As Easy As You …
- Summary: Your Deck Holding a Kiddie Pool May Not Be As Easy As You Think | Pool KnowledgeAdvertisementsDuring the hot summer months, a kiddie pool can be a fun and easy way for kids to cool off. These small, enclosed spaces are ideal for teaching young children the fundamentals of swimming and pool safety. If you want to put a pool outside your house, you should…
- Rating: 1.81 ⭐
- Source: https://poolknowledge.net/your-deck-holding-a-kiddie-pool-may-not-be-as-easy-as-you-think/
Blow up pool on deck, will the deck hold the weight? | Somersoft
- Summary: Blow up pool on deck, will the deck hold the weight? #4 Hey GG, Assuming the pool is only filled up 2/3 full, the weight of the pool would come in just a smidge over 5 tonnes (plus the actual weight of the pool itself) It will hold just over 5 cubic meters of water, or 5,000 litres. Would need to be a pretty sturdy deck…
- Rating: 1.73 ⭐
- Source: https://www.somersoft.com/threads/blow-up-pool-on-deck-will-the-deck-hold-the-weight.58389/
Can I Put An Inflatable Pool On My Deck? – Patioleum
- Summary: Can I Put An Inflatable Pool On My Deck? – Patioleum The best place to set up an inflatable pool is in an area that is large enough for the pool. Medium to large inflatable pools are not built to hold the weight and should be avoided. A concrete pad can be used to level an area in the yard. Can you put Intex pool on deck? It…
- Rating: 2.43 ⭐
- Source: https://patioleum.com/can-i-put-an-inflatable-pool-on-my-deck/
Wading pool on deck??? | Boating Forum
- Summary: Wading pool on deck??? #1 I’d like to set a wading pool up for the kids on my deck, but I don’t know if it will bear the weight nor do I know how to calculate this. Here are the particulars:The pool is 6′ x 10′ x 22″ deep. These are the the sizes listed on the package. The sides are inflatble so I believe the interior space…
- Rating: 1.51 ⭐
- Source: https://forums.iboats.com/threads/wading-pool-on-deck.161502/
Save your grass and put the kiddie pool on the patio
- Summary: Save your grass and put the kiddie pool on the patio Two things I can mention here: (1) Sometimes I *want* the grass to die. Dead grass doesn’t have to be mowed in the 100 degree Arizona summer. Not a criticism, just an opposing viewpoint. I do try to keep it to my backyard though. (2) Those foam numbers are also great…
- Rating: 2.85 ⭐
- Source: http://parenthacks.com/2008/06/save-your-grass.html
Deck for kiddie pool? – Hometalk
- Summary: Deck for kiddie pool? Did anyone out there build a DIY pergola… tips? Lisa on Apr 15, 2018 37 See Answers How to clean wood to prevent termites? Donna on Sep 03, 2017 I have a few wooden planters and enjoy using salvaged wood such as pallets or logs in my décor. I was recently made aware that I am inviting termites into my home. I… See more 11 See…
- Rating: 2.07 ⭐
- Source: https://www.hometalk.com/diy/build/q-deck-for-kiddie-pool-44409358