Unless your employer can prove there was a genuine redundancy situation and that they followed fair procedures, your dismissal may be considered ‘unfair’. If you make a claim for unfair dismissal, you cannot also claim redundancy.
The content of this article is compiled by FAQGuide from many reputable information sources such as Reddit, Quora and Google. Now, instead of searching for answers on Reddit, Quora the hard way, you can get all the information you want in this thread.
Can redundancy be unfair dismissal? – Frequently asked questions
Useful articles on Can redundancy be unfair dismissal?
Unfair dismissal versus redundancy – MoneyHelper
- Summary: Unfair dismissal versus redundancy | MoneyHelper Redundancy happens when your job disappears. It’s not the same as being dismissed from your job for other reasons. When you’re made redundant, you’ve done nothing wrong and no one is questioning your ability to do your job. Employers usually make people redundant because they need to: cut costs close down or relocate, or because…
- Rating: 3.2 ⭐
- Source: https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en/work/losing-your-job/redundancy-versus-unfair-dismissal
When redundancy becomes an unfair dismissal
- Summary: When redundancy becomes an unfair dismissal Redundancy is a word that is becoming all too familiar in our present economic climate. Many companies are still looking to scale down their workforce by offering redundancy where there is a reduced demand for employees, including those working in senior-level positions. Occasionally, however, an employer may call a situation redundancy when, in…
- Rating: 1.24 ⭐
- Source: https://www.cavendishlaw.co.uk/employees/redundancy/when-redundancy-becomes-an-unfair-dismissal.html
Challenge your redundancy – Citizens Advice
- Summary: Challenge your redundancy You can challenge your redundancy if you: have worked for your employer for at least 2 years and you think it wasn’t a genuine redundancy or your employer didn’t follow a fair redundancy selection process think there was an ‘automatically unfair’ reason for your redundancy think there was discrimination If you have a genuine reason for challenging…
- Rating: 4.33 ⭐
- Source: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/leaving-a-job/redundancy/challenge-your-redundancy/
Unfair Dismissal and Redundancy Guide – 2020
- Summary: Unfair Dismissal and Redundancy Guide – 2020 | Kervin & Barnes SolicitorsWhat is a redundancy?What is collective redundancy?What is a redundancy consultation procedure?In good time, fair and genuineSelection PoolSelection Criteria and scoringBumpingSuitable alternative employmentAlternatives to redundancyAppealAutomatically unfair dismissalRight to be accompaniedEquity schemes/deferred remuneration/restrictive covenantsWhat is a redundancy?In employment law, redundancy is defined as the termination of employment because of either:The closure of a business;The…
- Rating: 2.07 ⭐
- Source: https://www.kervinandbarnes.co.uk/resources/unfair-dismissal-and-redundancy-guide/
Voluntary redundancy: still a case for unfair dismissal
- Summary: Voluntary redundancy: still a case for unfair dismissalThe recent case of White v HC-One Oval Ltd has emphasised that employers could still be liable in unfair dismissal claims, even where an employee had requested voluntary redundancy. It goes without saying that employers have recently been under increased pressure when it comes…
- Rating: 4.66 ⭐
- Source: https://www.herrington-carmichael.com/voluntary-redundancy-and-unfair-dismissal/
Genuine Redundancy or Unfair Dismissal?
- Summary: Genuine Redundancy or Unfair Dismissal? [vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The employment lawyers at Owen Hodge Lawyers understand that losing your job can be a stressful and upsetting time. However, the reason behind your job loss can make a significant difference. The determination as to whether employment has been lost due to genuine redundancy as opposed to discriminatory dismissal practices is governed by the Fair Work Act 2009….
- Rating: 2.38 ⭐
- Source: https://www.owenhodge.com.au/blog/genuine-redundancy-or-unfair-dismissal/
If you feel the redundancy was unfair: Your rights during …
- Summary: If you feel the redundancy was unfair: Your rights during redundancy If you feel the redundancy was unfair If you think you were selected unfairly or there was a problem in the redundancy process, your employer should offer you the chance to appeal. How to appeal You should talk to your employer first…
- Rating: 3.81 ⭐
- Source: https://www.acas.org.uk/your-rights-during-redundancy/appeal-a-redundancy-decision