Since retiring as a player in 2006, Shearer has worked as a television pundit for the BBC. In 2009, he briefly left his BBC role to become Newcastle United’s manager in the last eight games of their 2008–09 season, in an unsuccessful attempt to save them from relegation.
The content of this article is compiled by FAQGuide from many reputable information sources such as Reddit, Quora and Google. Now, instead of searching for answers on Reddit, Quora the hard way, you can get all the information you want in this thread.
Did alan shearer manager newcastle? – Frequently asked questions
How many games did Alan Shearer manage Newcastle?eight games
Who was the Newcastle manager?Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe has signed a new long-term contract just nine months after being appointed. Howe joined the Magpies on a deal which ran until the summer of 2024 when he took over from Steve Bruce in November 2021
What club did Alan Shearer manage?He played as a striker and was very good at taking penalties. Shearer is considered a legend in his hometown of Newcastle, and he is well respected in the rest of England as well because of his good playing for England. He also managed Newcastle for the last eight games of the 2008/2009 Premier League season.
Who was Newcastle manager when they got relegated?This season saw the club relegated from the Premier League to the Championship, the first time the club had been relegated since 1989….2008?09 Newcastle United F.C. season.
2008?09 season Managing Director Chris Mort Derek Llambias
11 more rows
How many managers Newcastle had?Newcastle United Football Club is an English football club based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, North East England. Since 1930, there have been 33 official managers, the most recent being Eddie Howe, who was appointed on 8th November 2021.
Who was the Newcastle manager before Eddie Howe?Howe was appointed to replace Steve Bruce as the manager of Premier League club Newcastle United on 8 November 2021, signing a contract until the summer of 2024.
Who signed Shearer for Newcastle?In 1996, Shearer was on the move again, and chose to join Newcastle United, his hometown club. The striker cost Kevin Keegan’s side £15m, a world record fee at the time, and would go on to score over 200 goals for the Magpies.
Who was Newcastle’s best manager?Stan Seymour. The man known as ‘Mr Newcastle United’ is quite simply the most decorated boss in the club’s long history. Two FA Cups, in 1951 and 1952, make him the most successful United manager in terms of trophies but he was also a man who helped to establish Newcastle as one of the major forces in English football.
How many times were Newcastle relegated?Newcastle were relegated in 2009, and again in 2016. The club won promotion at the first time of asking each time, returning to the Premier League, as Championship winners, in 2010 and 2017.
Who has won the most Manager of the Month Awards?Ferguson has been Manager of the Month the most times with a record 27 awards. Harry Redknapp has had six spells managing Premier League clubs (West Ham United, Portsmouth, Southampton, Portsmouth again, Tottenham Hotspur and Queens Park Rangers), winning a Manager of the Month award in five of those spells.
Who did Alan Shearer replace Newcastle manager?In a surprise move, late on 1 April 2009, it was announced that Shearer would become the manager of his former club Newcastle United for the remaining eight games of the season, taking over from head coach Chris Hughton who was in temporary charge while the permanent manager Joe Kinnear recovered from heart surgery, …
Who is Newcastle’s biggest rival?Newcastle’s strongest rivalry is with Sunderland, which is another city very close to Newcastle in the North East of England. The derby between Newcastle Utd and Sunderland was first played in 1888. It has been played 155 times, with Sunderland winning 53 times and Newcastle 53.
Are Newcastle a big club?With match attendances averaging over 50,000 supporters, Newcastle United is one of England’s biggest clubs.
Which is bigger Sunderland or Newcastle?NEWCASTLE ARE BIGGER THAN SUNDERLAND, SAY?
History of Champions League football within the last decade. Newcastle United clearly bigger.
Who is better Newcastle or Sunderland?Both clubs have recorded 53 wins each, with 49 draws. With Newcastle famously trophy-less since 1969 and Sunderland’s cabinet undisturbed by major honours since 1973, the derby has effectively become both club’s cup final.
Is Sunderland or Newcastle bigger?I’m surprised that Sunderland has a higher population than Newcastle. Sunderland is the City of Sunderland. So Sunderland itself plus places, which effectively merged with Sunderland in the 1970s, like Washington. Comparing Sunderland “proper” with Newcastle then Sunderland has about 70k fewer people.
Is Newcastle the richest club in the world?Newcastle are the ‘world’s richest club’ – so why are they not spending more money? When Newcastle United were bought by a consortium led by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund last October, English football braced itself for the arrival of a new superclub.
Top information about Did alan shearer manager newcastle?
List of Newcastle United F.C. managers – Wikipedia
- Summary: List of Newcastle United F.C. managers Newcastle United Football Club is an English football club based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, North East England. Since 1930, there have been 33 official managers, the most recent being Eddie Howe, who was appointed on 8th November 2021. Statistically, the club’s most successful manager is…
- Rating: 3.81 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Newcastle_United_F.C._managers
Alan Shearer reveals how he was asked to become …
- Summary: April Fools’ day omen behind Alan Shearer’s appointment as Newcastle bossAlan Shearer has revealed how he was asked to become Newcastle United manager in 2009. The Magpies’ record goalscorer became Newcastle’s manager for the final eight games of the 2008/09 season but could not prevent his boyhood club from suffering relegation to…
- Rating: 4.22 ⭐
- Source: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-shearer-reveals-how-asked-20235605
Alan Shearer – Manager profile | Transfermarkt
- Summary: Alan Shearer – Manager profile News Transfers & rumours Market values Competitions Forums My TM Live Date of birth/Age: Aug 13, 1970 (52) Place of birth: Newcastle upon Tyne Citizenship: England Coaching Licence : UEFA Pro Licence Avg. term as coach : 0.24 Years Getty Images Personal Details Stats No information available. History…
- Rating: 4.98 ⭐
- Source: https://www.transfermarkt.us/alan-shearer/profil/trainer/9633
Where are they now? Newcastle's XI from Shearer's last game …
- Summary: Where are they now? Newcastle’s XI from Shearer’s last game in chargeAlan Shearer rescued Newcastle as a player so many times, but in 2009 he was unable to save the Magpies from relegation from the Premier League during his spell as temporary manager. It was a chaotic season that saw managers come and go, but Shearer was brought in with eight matches left in the campaign to steady…
- Rating: 2.1 ⭐
- Source: https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/newcastle-united-alan-shearer-manager-relegated-xi-2009-aston-villa-where-now/
Alan Shearer Stats – Newcastle United Manager – FootyStats
- Summary: Alan Shearer Stats – Newcastle United Manager | FootyStatsFootyStats is your best resource for stats such as Goals, Over 2.5/Under 2.5, HT/FT, Dynamic In-Play Stats, and much more. If you have any questions, thoughts or feedback please don’t hesitate to get in touch.Our content is not intended for an audience under 18 years of age. Content on this website is not…
- Rating: 2.31 ⭐
- Source: https://footystats.org/managers/england/alan-shearer
On This Day: Newcastle United appoint Alan Shearer as …
- Summary: On This Day: Newcastle appoint Alan Shearer as managerThe former Magpies captain won just one match during his short spell in charge. Newcastle appointed former striker Alan Shearer as their manager for the final eight matches of the Premier League season on this day in 2009, but he was unable…
- Rating: 1.22 ⭐
- Source: https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/newcastle-united/on-this-day/news/on-this-day-newcastle-appoint-alan-shearer-as-manager_441355.html
Alan Shearer thought he had Newcastle United manager's job
- Summary: Alan Shearer thought he had Newcastle United manager’s jobAlan Shearer has revealed he thought he had the Newcastle United manager’s job after sitting down with Mike Ashley in the immediate aftermath of relegation two seasons ago.Shearer had been parachuted in for the final eight games of the 2008-09 season in a desperate attempt to keep…
- Rating: 4.57 ⭐
- Source: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/sep/16/alan-shearer-newcastle-united
Alan Shearer takes over at Newcastle United 'for eight games …
- Summary: Alan Shearer takes over at Newcastle United ‘for eight games only’Alan Shearer said he was “really excited” at the prospect of taking over as manager of Newcastle United, but insisted he will only be in charge of the club until the end of the season after attempting to help steer his side clear of relegation.”My job is to keep Newcastle United…
- Rating: 2.93 ⭐
- Source: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/apr/02/alan-shearer-manager-newcastle-united
Alan Shearer Manager Profile, Record & Stats | Premier League
- Summary: Alan Shearer Manager Profile, Record & Stats | Premier League Premier League Records label.tablePlayerRecords Matches 8 Wins 1 Draws 2 Losses 5 Goals For 4 Goals Against 10 Personal Details Country of Birth England Status Inactive Date of Birth 13/08/1970 Premier League Seasons 1 Premier League Debut Match Chelsea (h), 04 April 2009, Lost 0 – 2 Latest Club News…
- Rating: 1.26 ⭐
- Source: https://www.premierleague.com/managers/3693/Alan-Shearer/overview