And here’s the answer you’re looking for. A collection of related questions and answers you may need from time to time.
Did morecambe and wise get knighted? – All you need to know
Did Eric and Ernie get a knighthood?Both halves of the double act of Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise, along with Peter Sellers, Ronnie Barker, Ronnie Corbett and Dudley Moore were never given a knighthood.29 jan
What happened to Morecambe and Wise?Eric Morecambe of Britain’s Morecambe and Wise comedy team died early this morning of a heart attack sustained at the curtain call of a performance in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. He was 58 years old. The performance had been a double act with a longtime friend, Stan Stennet, one of the few occasions when Mr.29 mei 1984
What was Eric Morecambe catchphrase?The catchphrase “Hello folks, and what about the workers?” was developed by Eric from a similar saying by Harry Secombe in The Goon Show.
How much was Morecambe and Wise worth?The Morecambe & Wise show Christmas specials became some of the highest-rated TV shows of the era. The duo also appeared in movies such as The Intelligence Men, That Riviera Touch or The Magnificent Two. But what was their net worth? It was reported Eric Morecambe had an estimated net worth of £1.2 million.28 jul
Who turned down appearing on Morecambe and Wise?Grade’s refusal to grant them a series in colour led to their agent, Michael Grade (who happened to be Lew Grade’s nephew) contacting Bill Cotton, the Head of Variety at BBC television. In a short period of time, a three-year deal was negotiated for Morecambe and Wise to move to the BBC.
Is Eric Morecambe’s statue being removed?The council has removed the statue and the area has been fenced off.
Who was the fat lady on Morecambe and Wise?Janet Webb was born in 1930 in Liverpool, England. She was an actress, known for A Funny Thing …
Why was Eric Morecambe statue removed?sadly removed temporarily due to vandalism. Due to some mindless individual trying to destroy the statue, it has been removed for repair. To date there has not been a date for the return.
Where is the statue of Eric and Ernie?Sculpted by Graham Ibbeson
Graham Ibbeson has a long history with Eric and Ernie having also created the Eric Morecambe statue. Unveiled in 1999 by the Queen it adorns the promenade in the comedian’s hometown of Morecambe. A statue of Ernie was later unveiled in Morley, West Yorkshire, in 2010.
Did Morecambe and Wise make it in America?Ironically, Morecambe and Wise only got their big break in the US because Ed Sullivan had come to Britain to scout another comedian, Bruce Forsyth. ‘Ed was a great Anglophile and he loved British acts, particularly British comedians,’ says Gary.
What statue is at Morecambe Bay?The ?Venus and Cupid? sculpture (subtitled ?Love, The Most Beautiful Of Absolute Disasters?), sits on Morecambe promenade overlooking Morecambe Bay. Designed by Shane A. Johnstone in 2005, the sculpture celebrates motherhood, unconditional love, loss and heartbreak.
The most helpful answer about Did morecambe and wise get knighted?
Morecambe and Wise – Wikipedia
- Summary: Morecambe and Wise “M&W” redirects here. For the gear company, see M&W Gear Co. Morecambe and WiseMorecambe (left) & Wise in their classic “skip dance” pose, performed to the song “Bring Me Sunshine”BornJohn Eric Bartholomew: 14 May 1926, Morecambe, Lancashire, EnglandErnest Wiseman: 27 November 1925, Bramley, West Riding of Yorkshire,…
- Rating: 3.45 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morecambe_and_Wise
Sign petition: A Posthumous Knighthood for Morecambe & Wise
- Summary: A Posthumous Knighthood for Morecambe & Wise #Arts & Entertainment Target: The British Government & Her Majesty The Queen Region: United Kingdom Morecambe & Wise though imitated often, have never been surpassed as the UK’s greatest entertainers. Although they are both now deceased, I believe their families would take great pleasure in knowing that the British public thank them, and…
- Rating: 2.69 ⭐
- Source: https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/a-posthumous-knighthood-for-morecambe-wise.html
David Lister: If a knighthood is good enough for Brucie, then …
- Summary: David Lister: If a knighthood is good enough for Brucie, then why notIt may or may not have been a case of “Nice to see you, to see you nice” when the Queen knighted Bruce Forsyth this week. But it was certainly a case of “Significant to see you, to see…
- Rating: 1.54 ⭐
- Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/columnists/david-lister/david-lister-if-a-knighthood-is-good-enough-for-brucie-then-why-not-other-entertainers-2370952.html
Lords of laughter | The Spectator
- Summary: Lords of laughter | The SpectatorWhat do the following comedians have in common? Morecambe and Wise, Ronnie Barker, Frankie Howerd, Bob Monkhouse, Peter Sellers. They’re all dead, yes. But something else. None of them was knighted. Instead they were all made OBE, an honour Michael Winner once charmingly described as…
- Rating: 4.44 ⭐
- Source: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/lords-of-laughter
Yorkshire Folk Part 10 – Ernie Wise
- Summary: Yorkshire Folk Part 10 – Ernie Wise – i-Yorkshire Marketplace Ernie Wise was a famous Yorkshire comedian, who formed one half of the best known double acts to ever grace British television. Along with his on-stage partner, Eric Morecambe he became a national institution with the Morecambe and Wise show,…
- Rating: 2.89 ⭐
- Source: https://i-yorkshire.com/yorkshire-folk-part-10-ernie-wise/
Morecambe & Wise – King Arthur
Louis Barfe on writing about Morecambe & Wise interview
- Summary: Louis Barfe on writing about Morecambe & Wise – British Comedy Guide Running Wild. Image shows from L to R: Ernie Wise, Eric Morecambe. Copyright: BBC As new book Sunshine And Laughter: The Story Of Morecambe & Wise is published, we chat to its author Louis Barfe to find out more… Hi Louis. You’ve written the story of Morecambe & Wise? I have. Well spotted. Eric…
- Rating: 2.55 ⭐
- Source: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/features/louis-barfe-interview/
Comedy over the heads of honours system, critics claim
- Summary: Comedy over the heads of honours system, critics claim Following the recent deaths of British comedy greats questions have been asked of an honours system seemingly unamused by the nation’s jokers, who have often been overlooked. Nicholas Parsons died this week without the knighthood many thought he deserved, and Monty Python visionary Terry Jones was recently laid to rest without any honours…
- Rating: 2.24 ⭐
- Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/01/29/comedy-heads-honours-system-critics-claim/