lay the groundwork (for something) To create or prepare the basics or essential foundation (for something); to pave the way (for something). Our success with this healthcare bill wouldn’t be possible, had the previous administration not laid the groundwork already. And here’s the answer you’re looking for. A collection of related questions and answers you may need from time to time.
Has lay the groundwork? – Everything you should know
Definition of lay the groundwork/foundation :…Definition of lay the groundwork/foundation : to provide the right conditions We are laying the groundwork/foundation for additional research.
What is another word for lay…What is another word for lay the groundwork?
provide prepare ready adapt adjust get ready make provision set up contrive guard
66 more rows
preliminary preparation as a basis or…preliminary preparation as a basis or foundation.
- His speech laid the groundwork for independence.
- A preliminary groundwork must be laid this year.
- The first meeting laid the groundwork for the final agreement.
- Much of the groundwork has already been done .
- They had laid the groundwork for future development.
to prepare for or start an…to prepare for or start an activity or task: The initial negotiations are seen as laying the basis for more detailed talks
Explore Has lay the groundwork? with tags: Lay the groundwork for, Lay the groundwork meaning, TO lay the groundwork synonym, Lay the groundwork in a sentence, Past tense of lay the groundwork, Layed or laid the groundwork, Set the groundwork meaning, Groundwork has been laid meaning
Useful articles on Has lay the groundwork?
Lay the groundwork/foundation – Merriam-Webster
- Summary: Definition of LAY THE GROUNDWORK/FOUNDATION Definition of lay the groundwork/foundation : to provide the right conditions We are laying the groundwork/foundation for additional research. Learn More About lay the groundwork/foundation Watch More on lay the groundwork/foundation Lay vs. Lie Editor Emily Brewster clarifies the difference. Statistics for lay the groundwork/foundation Cite this Entry “Lay the groundwork/foundation.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lay%20the%20groundwork%2Ffoundation. Accessed 16 Oct….
- Author: merriam-webster.com
- Rating: 3.62 ⭐
- Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lay%20the%20groundwork%2Ffoundation
lay the groundwork (for something) Definitions and Synonyms
- Summary: LAY THE GROUNDWORK (FOR SOMETHING) (phrase) American English definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary 1to do what is necessary before an event or process can beginWe’re busy laying the groundwork for another campaign.Synonyms and related wordsTo make plans or arrangementsplanarrangeorganize… Explore Thesaurus American definition and synonyms of lay the groundwork (for something) from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.This is the American English definition of lay the groundwork (for something).View British English definition of lay the groundwork…
- Author: macmillandictionary.com
- Rating: 4.43 ⭐
- Source: https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/lay-the-groundwork-for-something
lay the groundwork – Wiktionary
- Summary: lay the groundwork – Wiktionary Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary Jump to navigation Jump to search English Pronunciation Audio (AU)(file) Verb lay the groundwork (third-person singular simple present lays the groundwork, present participle laying the groundwork, simple past and past participle laid the groundwork) (idiomatic, figuratively) To create a foundation; to provide the basics or fundamentals. The introductory mathematics courses will lay the groundwork for all your subsequent engineering studies. 2014, Ian Black, “Courts kept busy as…
- Author: en.wiktionary.org
- Rating: 4.94 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lay_the_groundwork
lay the foundations/groundwork/base – Longman Dictionary
- Summary: lay the foundations/groundwork/base | meaning of lay the foundations/groundwork/base in Longman Dictionary of Contemporary EnglishFrom Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishlay the foundations/groundwork/baselay the foundations/groundwork/baseto provide the conditions that will make it possible for something to happen or be successfullay the foundations/groundwork/base for Mandela helped lay the foundations for a new democratic South Africa. It was an invention which laid the foundations of modern radio technology. → layExamples from the…
- Author: ldoceonline.com
- Rating: 1.12 ⭐
- Source: https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/lay-the-foundations-groundwork-base
What is another word for “laid the groundwork”? – WordHippo
- Summary: What is another word for “laid the groundwork”? Need synonyms for laid the groundwork? Here’s a list of similar words from our thesaurus that you can use instead. Contexts To have acted in preparation for something Past tense for lay the groundwork Past tense for to make plans or preparations for Verb ▲ To have acted in preparation for something provided prepared planned…
- Author: wordhippo.com
- Rating: 4.22 ⭐
- Source: https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/laid_the_groundwork.html
lay the foundation – idiom definition examples – EnglishLogica
- Summary: spoken vocab lay the foundation groundwork idiom meaning examples k3r8t99942lMeaning(s)1. prepare or provide the basic idea(s) or structure(s) for somethingPopularity How to Memorizelay the foundation/groundwork for success/a deal/career AnalysisWhen you ‘lay the foundations’ for something it means to create a base upon which other structures or larger ideas are built. You lay foundations before building a house for example or you could say that Darwin’s theory of evolution laid the foundations for modern evolutionary…
- Author: englishlogica.com
- Rating: 4.47 ⭐
- Source: https://englishlogica.com/spoken-vocab/lay-the-foundation-groundwork-idiom-meaning-examples-k3r8t99942l
lay the groundwork (for something) synonyms with definition
- Summary: lay the groundwork (for something) synonyms with definition | Macmillan ThesaurusEntry: draw upSynonyms:design, invent, engineer, streamline, personalize, plan, individualize, personalise, reengineerEntry: orchestrateSynonyms:organize, prepare, plan, arrange, set up, stage, choreograph, hold, conveneEntry: organizeSynonyms:prepare, plan, arrange, set up, stage, orchestrate, choreograph, hold, conveneEntry: planSynonyms:consider, think out, assess, contemplate, evaluate, ponder, take something into consideration, take a long hard look at someone/something, think over, re-evaluate
- Author: macmillanthesaurus.com
- Rating: 4.44 ⭐
- Source: https://www.macmillanthesaurus.com/us/lay-the-groundwork-for-something
LAY THE GROUNDWORK Synonyms – Thesaurus.com
- Summary: Synonyms of lay the groundwork | Thesaurus.comThesaurus / lay the groundworkFEEDBACKas inpreparesynonyms for lay the groundworkarrange assemble brace develop draw up equip form formulate gird make plan produce provide qualify ready strengthen supply train adapt adjust anticipate appoint coach concoct construct contrive cook dispose endow fabricate fashion fit fix fortify furnish groom outfit perfect practice prime settle steel build up fill in fit out make provision make up put in order put together smooth the way turn out warm…
- Author: thesaurus.com
- Rating: 4.54 ⭐
- Source: https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/lay%20the%20groundwork