a. 1. Of the nature of impetration; getting, or tending to get, by entreaty. Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by G.
Answer the questions you are looking for here. Top of the most correct and useful answers are shared for free.
Is impetrative a word? – Frequently asked questions
What does Impetrative mean?: to obtain by request or entreaty. : to ask for : entreat.
Which is the closest synonym for the word Impetrate?synonyms for impetrate
Is Indraft a word?an inward flow or current, as of air or water. Archaic.
Is Unnursed a word?Unnursed definition That has not been nursed.
What is the adjective form of the noun retrospect?retrospective ? \reh-truh-SPEK-tiv\ ? adjective. 1 a : contemplative of or relative to past events : characterized by, given to, or indulging in retrospection b : being a generally comprehensive exhibition, compilation, or performance of the work of an artist over a span of years 2 : affecting things past : retroactive.
What is the best definition of fervently?adverb. with great intensity of spirit, feeling, enthusiasm, etc.; vehemently: I can’t know without being in that situation, and I fervently hope I never am. The students are fervently campaigning for reform.
What does entreat mean synonym?Some common synonyms of entreat are adjure, beg, beseech, implore, importune, and supplicate. While all these words mean “to ask urgently,” entreat implies an effort to persuade or to overcome resistance.
Is Unused a real word?unused adjective (NOT USED)
not being used at present, or never having been used: You might as well take your father’s car – there’s no point in having it sit there unused in the garage.
Can you find at least 20 words?Answer: Teachers, cheaters, hectare, reteach, create, there, creates, three, ache, hater, react, chart, reacts, charts, trace, cart, care, tear, rate, race, each. Hope it helps you.
How do you say something is no longer used?adjective. fit to be eaten as food; eatable; esculent: Are you sure this is edible? noun. Usually edibles . an edible substance; food: a basket of fruit, cheeses, and other tasty edibles.
What do you call someone who believes everything they hear?Credulous comes from the 16th-century Latin credulus, or “easily believes.” A synonym for credulous is gullible, and both terms describe a person who accepts something willingly without a lot of supporting facts. Calling someone credulous can imply that the person is naive and simple.
What do you call people that dont eat meat?The word vegan typically refers to someone who doesn’t eat or use any products from animals?vegans don’t eat meat or dairy, and they often don’t eat other animal-derived foods like honey.
For which no salary is paid one word?Work for which no salary is paid : Honorary.
Explore Is impetrative a word? with tags: Impetration, Impetration meaning, Impetration Catholic, Impetratory, Impetrate in a Sentence, Impetrate synonyms, Impetratory prayer, Impetrated
The best fruitful answer to Is impetrative a word?
Impetrative Definition & Meaning – Merriam-Webster
- Summary: Definition of IMPETRATIVE im·pe·tra·tive | \ ˈimpə‧ˌtrātiv \ Definition of impetrative : of, relating to, or being impetration : consisting of, getting, or tending to get by entreaty History and Etymology for impetrative Late Latin impetrativus, from Latin impetratus + -ivus -ive Love words? You must — there are over 200,000 words in our free online dictionary, but you are looking for…
- Rating: 2.27 ⭐
- Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/impetrative
Impetrate Definition & Meaning – Merriam-Webster
- Summary: Definition of IMPETRATE im·pe·trate | \ ˈim-pə-ˌtrāt \ Definition of impetrate Other Words from impetrate impetration \ ˌim-pə-ˈtrā-shən \ noun Synonyms for impetrate Synonyms appeal (to), beg, beseech, besiege, conjure, entreat, implore, importune, petition, plead (to), pray, solicit, supplicate Visit the Thesaurus for More Examples of impetrate in a Sentence since deists do not believe in a Creator who interferes in human affairs, they generally regard as fruitless any effort…
- Rating: 2.1 ⭐
- Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/impetrate
impetrative – Wiktionary
- Summary: impetrative – Wiktionary English Etymology Latin impetrativus (“obtained by entreaty”). Pronunciation IPA(key): /ɪmˈpɛtɹətɪv/ Adjective impetrative (not comparable) (obsolete) Of the nature of impetration; getting, or tending to get, by entreaty. 1612–1626, [Joseph Hall], “(please specify the page)”, in [Contemplations vpon the Principall Passages of the Holy Storie], volume (please specify |volume=II, V, or VI), London, OCLC 54134621: prayers, which were most perfect and impetrative Part or all of…
- Rating: 4.67 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/impetrative
impetrative – definition and meaning – Wordnik
- Summary: impetrative — definition, examples, related words and more at Wordnik My favorite comments came from athletes who claim that somehow explaining oneself to the press or to the fans is a “professional courtesy” and not an impetrative, as my long-lost sportswriter pal, Barry Stanton once mused to a coked-out Lawrence Taylor during a charity golf event, “No one pays top dollar to see you play football in the park…
- Rating: 3.24 ⭐
- Source: https://www.wordnik.com/words/impetrative
Best 1 Definitions of Impetrative – YourDictionary
- Summary: Impetrative Definitions | What does impetrative mean?(obsolete) Of the nature of impetration; getting, or tending to get, by entreaty. Impetrative prayer.
- Rating: 2.77 ⭐
- Source: https://www.yourdictionary.com/impetrative
Impetrative is valid Scrabble Word – Scrabble Word Finder
- Summary: Impetrative is valid Scrabble Word SCRABBLE® is a registered trademark. We do not cooperate with the owners of this trademark. All trademark rights are owned by their owners and are not relevant to the web site “scrabble-word.com”. This site is intended for entertainment and training. We try to make a useful tool for all fans of SCRABBLE. “Scrabble Word” is the best method to improve your…
- Rating: 4.9 ⭐
- Source: https://scrabble-word.com/dictionary/impetrative
Impetrate Definition & Meaning – Dictionary.com
- Summary: Definition of impetrate | Dictionary.comTop Definitions Quiz Related Content British This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.[ im-pi-treyt ]/ ˈɪm pɪˌtreɪt /This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.verb (used with object), im·pe·trat·ed, im·pe·trat·ing.QUIZSHALL WE PLAY A “SHALL” VS. “SHOULD” CHALLENGE?Should you take this quiz on “shall” versus “should”? It should prove to be a quick challenge!Which form is used to state an obligation or…
- Rating: 2.6 ⭐
- Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/impetrate
Imperative Definition & Meaning – Dictionary.com
- Summary: Definition of imperative | Dictionary.comTop Definitions Synonyms Quiz Related Content What Is An Imperative Sentence? More About Imperative Examples British Cultural This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.[ im-per-uh-tiv ]/ ɪmˈpɛr ə tɪv /This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.adjectiveabsolutely necessary or required; unavoidable: It is imperative that we leave.of the nature of or expressing a command; commanding.nouna command.something that demands attention…
- Rating: 1.13 ⭐
- Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/imperative
Is impetrative a valid scrabble word? – Word Finder
- Summary: Is impetrative a valid scrabble word? How To Use The WordFinder Scrabble Cheat Tool Word Finder is the fastest Scrabble cheat tool online or on your phone. It can help you wipe out the competition in hundreds of word games like Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordle. Our word solver tool helps you answer the question: “what words can I make with…
- Rating: 4.34 ⭐
- Source: https://word-finder.mobi/is-impetrative-valid-scrabble-word
What does Impetrative mean? – Definitions.net
- Summary: What does Impetrative mean? Webster Dictionary(0.00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition:Impetrativeadjectiveof the nature of impetration; getting, or tending to get, by entreatyEtymology: [L. impetrativus obtained by entreaty.]How to pronounce Impetrative?How to say Impetrative in sign language?NumerologyChaldean NumerologyThe numerical value of Impetrative in Chaldean Numerology is: 5Pythagorean NumerologyThe numerical value of Impetrative in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3 Translation Find a translation for the Impetrative definition in other…
- Rating: 1.65 ⭐
- Source: https://www.definitions.net/definition/Impetrative
Is impetrative a word? Explained by FAQ Blog
- Summary: Is impetrative a word? Explained by FAQ Blog Last Update: May 30, 2022This is a question our experts keep getting from time to time. Now, we have got the complete detailed explanation and answer for everyone, who is interested! Asked by: Haylie Erdman IV Score: 4.4/5 (14 votes) 1. Of the nature of impetration; getting, or tending to get, by entreaty. What does Impetrative mean?…
- Rating: 2.33 ⭐
- Source: https://faq-blog.com/is-impetrative-a-word
50 Synonyms & Antonyms for IMPETRATION – Thesaurus.com
- Summary: Synonyms of impetration | Thesaurus.comThesaurus / impetrationFEEDBACKSee definition of impetration on Dictionary.comas indemandsynonyms for impetrationappeal application call claim insistence interest need order requirement sale trade use arrogation bid bidding charge clamor command counterclaim entreaty exaction importunity imposition inquiry interrogation lien necessity occasion petition plea prayer pursuit requisition rush search solicitation stipulation suit supplication ultimatum vogue want call for entreatment imploration antonyms…
- Rating: 3.78 ⭐
- Source: https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/impetration