Melville is in Suffolk County and is one of the best places to live in New York. Living in Melville offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Melville there are a lot of coffee shops and parks. Many retirees live in Melville and residents tend to lean conservative.
You can get the answers you need here. The best, most helpful solutions are offered without charge.
Is melville a good place to live? – All you need to know
Is Melville NY wealthy?Melville is an affluent hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) in the Town of Huntington in Suffolk County on Long Island, New York.
Is Melville NY named after Herman Melville?Melville History The town of Huntington was incorporated on November 30, 1666, and includes around 4 incorporated villages and more than 10 hamlets. Prior to adopting its present name in 1854, Melville was known as Sweet Hollow. It was later named after Herman Melville, the American novelist and short story writer.
What township is Melville NY in?Dix Hills is a great place to live! Lots of trees, very quiet, very safe, and has a great school district. The only complaint I would have as an adolescent is that it is hard to go anywhere without a car and there are limited options for entertainment at night. Dix Hills is a very nice area.
Is Dix Hills nice?The place name Malleville is derived from the Latin elements mala (“bad”) and ville (“settlement”). In Ireland, the surname is an Anglicisation of the Gaelic Ó Maoilmhichíl, which means “descendant of Maoilmhichil”. The Gaelic personal name Maoilmhichil means “devotee of (Saint) Michael”.
What is the meaning of Melville?Melville is in Suffolk County and is one of the best places to live in New York. Living in Melville offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Melville there are a lot of coffee shops and parks. Many retirees live in Melville and residents tend to lean conservative.
Is Melville NY Nice?Half Hollow Hills Central School District.
What school district is Melville NY in?During the last 28 years of his life, Melville lived in the onefamily brick house on East 26th Street. Here, while supporting himself as a customs inspector, he wrote his first volume of poetry, ”Battle-Pieces,” and other poems and stories, but nothing that won as much fame in his own time as ”Typee. ”
What school district is Melville NY in?Dix Hills, NY is home to a population of 24k people, from which 96.1% are citizens. As of 2020, 18.9% of Dix Hills, NY residents were born outside of the country (4.54k people). In 2020, there were 4.81 times more White (Non-Hispanic) residents (17.5k people) in Dix Hills, NY than any other race or ethnicity.
Who lives in Dix Hills?Dix Hills is a hamlet (and a census-designated place (CDP) in the Town of Huntington on the North Shore of Long Island in Suffolk County, New York, United States.
Is Dix Hills North Shore or South Shore?The minimum combined 2022 sales tax rate for Dix Hills, New York is 8.63%. This is the total of state, county and city sales tax rates.
Is Dix Hills diverse?In 2017, Valley Stream was ranked as the best place to live in Long Island by Money Magazine. The area offers a dense suburban feel and boasts of several restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and parks. Valley Stream has its LIRR station. Valley Stream has a total of 18 schools.
What is the best area to live in Long Island NY?Most Affordable Rent on Long Island
As mentioned, Roosevelt is more affordable among the cheap places to live in Long Island. The average rental price for a studio apartment is $1,381 per month, compared to the average in the entire metro area at $1,439.
Where is the most affordable place to live on Long Island?Long Island’s median income started falling in 2009, and did not recover until 2016. By 2018, it increased to $105,000 ? just a 1% increase of the 2009 median of $103,132.
Explore Is melville a good place to live? with tags: Melville, NY cost of living, Apartments in Melville, NY, How far is Melville, NY From me, Melville, NY demographics, How far is Melville NY from nyc, Melville, NY School District, 90 ruland road, melville, ny, Melville NY County
Great posts about Is melville a good place to live?
Melville, NY Reviews – Niche
- Summary: Melville, NY ReviewsGreat town, centrally located on the island with a great school district and even better neighbors! Tons of shopping right off 110 and just the right amount of land to raise a nice family. The garbage men also take just about anything without a hassle which is rare.Great place to live. Safe for bike rides and walks around the neighborhood. Good quality public schools and private schools as…
- Rating: 4.29 ⭐
- Source: https://www.niche.com/places-to-live/melville-suffolk-ny/reviews/
Melville, WA 6156 – Suburb Profile & Local Reviews – Homely
- Summary: Melville, WA 6156 – Suburb Profile & Local Reviews – Homely4.2(17 reviews)Ranked 97th best suburb by locals in Perth (Greater) Region, WAGreat forInternet accessResale or rental valueMedical facilitiesShopping optionsParks and recreationNot great forNo ratings yetWho lives here?Families With KidsProfessionalsRetireesSinglesFashion ConsciousReviews of Melville, WA”Well Kept Secret”Melville is one of the safest and friendliest suburbs in Perth. The suburb has a fantastic family/community feel to it.With great access to restaurants, cafes and…
- Rating: 1.66 ⭐
- Source: https://www.homely.com.au/melville-melville-perth-greater-western-australia
Living in Melville/Dix Hills (Huntington, Brentwood
- Summary: Living in Melville/Dix Hills (Huntington, Brentwood: crime, houses, neighborhoods) – Long Island – New York (NY)Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members – it’s free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads. 12-02-2010, 01:16 PM I currently live in…
- Rating: 1.02 ⭐
- Source: https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-island/1142518-living-melville-dix-hills.html
Melville – Long Island Exchange
- Summary: Melville Melville is a hamlet and census-designated place located in the Town of Huntington in Suffolk County. As of 2010 census, there were 18,985 people, 6,908 households, and 5,181 families residing in the CDP. The median income for a household in the CDP was $109,153, and the median income for a family was $131,250. The latitude of Melville is 40.793N. The longitude is -73.415W. It is in the…
- Rating: 4.89 ⭐
- Source: https://www.longislandexchange.com/towns/melville/
Best Places To Live In Melville, NY – AreaVibes
- Summary: Best Places To Live In Melville, NY For Sale For Rent
- Rating: 3.4 ⭐
- Source: https://www.areavibes.com/melville-ny/best-places-to-live/
Moving to Melville, New York in 2022 – Dwellics
- Summary: Moving to Melville, New York in 2022Compare side-by-sideMelville, NYvsSelect CitySelect CityStart typing City name or Zip
- Rating: 1.48 ⭐
- Source: https://dwellics.com/new-york/moving-to-melville
Pros and Cons of Living in Melville, Louisiana – Citytistics
- Summary: Pros and Cons of Living in Melville, Louisiana – CitytisticsMelvilleLIVABILITY RATINGExcellent0%Very good0%Average0%Poor0%Terrible0%City Scores and RatingsPros and Cons of Living in MelvilleYou might be looking to move to Melville, Louisiana or just interested in the city’s livability, so to help you, we’ve put together the pros and cons of living in Melville. This assessment ranks the factors used to assess livability and compares them against…
- Rating: 3.96 ⭐
- Source: https://www.citytistics.com/city/melville-louisiana/
Melville, NY – 11747 – Real Estate Market Data
- Summary: Melville, NY – 11747 – Real Estate Market Data Melville profile Living in Melville Melville is a medium-sized town located in the state of New York. With a population of 19,284 people and five constituent neighborhoods, Melville is the 93rd largest community in New York. Melville has seen a significant amount of newer housing growth in recent years. Quite often, new home construction is…
- Rating: 2.03 ⭐
- Source: https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ny/melville
If You're Thinking of Living in: Melville – The New York Times
- Summary: If You’re Thinking of Living in: MelvilleCredit…The New York Times ArchivesSee the article in its original context from April 11, 1993, Section 10, Page 5Buy ReprintsTimesMachine is an exclusive benefit for home delivery and digital subscribers.About the ArchiveThis is a digitized version of an article from The Times’s print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The…
- Rating: 2.15 ⭐
- Source: https://www.nytimes.com/1993/04/11/realestate/if-youre-thinking-of-living-in-melville.html
Melville, NY – Livability
- Summary: Melville, NY – Livability Looking to move to Melville, NY? You’ve come to the right place. Livability helps people find their perfect places to live, and we’ve got everything you need to know to decide if moving to Melville, NY is right for you. Let’s start with the basics: Melville, NY has a population of 19,458. What about cost of living in Melville, NY? The median income in Melville, NY…
- Rating: 3.1 ⭐
- Source: https://livability.com/ny/melville/