Proper noun A river in the eastern United States that flows along the borders of Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia, and through Washington, DC. This page should provide the answers to your queries. Top-ranked, most helpful solutions are provided without charge.
Is potomac a word? – All helpful answers
The spelling of the name has…The spelling of the name has been simplified over the years from Patawomeke to Patowmack in the 18th century and now Potomac. The river’s name was officially decided upon as Potomac by the Board on Geographic Names in 1931.
Definition of unadorned : not adorned…Definition of unadorned : not adorned : lacking embellishment or decoration : plain, simple.
The river forms part of the…The river forms part of the borders between Maryland and Washington, D.C., on the left descending bank and West Virginia and Virginia on the river’s right descending bank. The majority of the lower Potomac River is part of Maryland.
Explore Is potomac a word? with tags: Potomac how to pronounce, Potomac synonym, Potomac meaning Urban Dictionary, What is Potomac known for, Potomac Washington, Potomac meaning in Hindi, What is Potomac in horses, Potomac etymology
Relevant info about Is potomac a word?
Potomac Definition & Meaning – Dictionary.com
- Summary: Definition of Potomac | Dictionary.comTop Definitions Quiz Examples British [ puh-toh-muhk ]/ pəˈtoʊ mək /nouna river flowing SE from the Allegheny Mountains in West Virginia, along the boundary between Maryland and Virginia to the Chesapeake Bay. 287 miles (460 km) long.a city in central Maryland, near Washington, D.C.QUIZSHALL WE PLAY A “SHALL” VS. “SHOULD” CHALLENGE?Should you take this quiz on “shall” versus…
- Author: dictionary.com
- Rating: 3.27 ⭐
- Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/potomac
Potomac – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms – Vocabulary.com
- Summary: Potomac – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms Definitions of Potomac noun a river in the east central United States; rises in West Virginia in the Appalachian Mountains and flows eastward, forming the boundary between Maryland and Virginia, to the Chesapeake Bay noun term sometimes used to refer to Washington, D.C. EDITOR’S CHOICE Express yourself in 25 languages Learn immersively – no memorization required…
- Author: vocabulary.com
- Rating: 1.89 ⭐
- Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/Potomac
What does potomac mean? – Definitions.net
- Summary: What does potomac mean? Princeton’s WordNet(4.00 / 1 vote)Rate this definition:Potomac, Potomac Rivernouna river in the east central United States; rises in West Virginia in the Appalachian Mountains and flows eastward, forming the boundary between Maryland and Virginia, to the Chesapeake BayPotomacnounterm sometimes used to refer to Washington, D.C.Wiktionary(4.00 / 1 vote)Rate this definition:PotomacnounA river in the eastern United States…
- Author: definitions.net
- Rating: 1.79 ⭐
- Source: https://www.definitions.net/definition/potomac
Potomac Definition & Meaning | Britannica Dictionary
- Summary: Potomac Definition & Meaning | Britannica Dictionary Potomac /pəˈtoʊmək/ proper noun Potomac /pəˈtoʊmək/ proper noun Britannica Dictionary definition of POTOMAC the Potomac River also the Potomac : river in the U.S.
- Author: britannica.com
- Rating: 2.77 ⭐
- Source: https://www.britannica.com/dictionary/Potomac
Is potomac a word in the scrabble dictionary?
- Summary: Scrabble Dictionary – Most Trusted Dictionary and Scrabble Word Finder Support: Help make Word Game Dictionary a Ad Free Site. Click to adopt the word potomac No, potomac is not in the scrabble dictionary …but would be worth 13 points. find more words you can make below + feedback Sponsored potomac Know an interesting fact about the word potomac? Let us know geographical name 1. River 287…
- Author: wordgamedictionary.com
- Rating: 2.52 ⭐
- Source: https://www.wordgamedictionary.com/dictionary/word/potomac/
Potomac – definition and meaning – Wordnik
- Summary: Potomac — definition, examples, related words and more at Wordnik ROLAND S. MARTIN, CNN POLITICAL ANALYS.: For those of us not in the Beltway, this is what you guys call the Potomac two-step. CNN Transcript Mar 17, 2009 For now, we are in Virginia, because of course, Virginia is one of three spots holding either elections — holding elections, primaries on Tuesday, what we call the Potomac primary: Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C. So, also…
- Author: wordnik.com
- Rating: 1.56 ⭐
- Source: https://www.wordnik.com/words/Potomac
potomac | Etymology, origin and meaning of the name …
- Summary: Etymology, origin and meaning of the name potomac by etymonlinePage URL:https://www.etymonline.com/word/potomacHTML Link:Etymology of potomac by etymonlineAPA style:Harper, D. (n.d.). Etymology of potomac. Online Etymology Dictionary. Retrieved $(datetime), from https://www.etymonline.com/word/potomacChicago style:Harper Douglas, “Etymology of potomac,” Online Etymology Dictionary, accessed $(datetime), https://www.etymonline.com/word/potomac.MLA style:Harper, Douglas. “Etymology of potomac.” Online Etymology Dictionary, https://www.etymonline.com/word/potomac. Accessed $(datetimeMla).IEEE style:D. Harper. “Etymology of potomac.” Online Etymology Dictionary. https://www.etymonline.com/word/potomac…
- Author: etymonline.com
- Rating: 3.55 ⭐
- Source: https://www.etymonline.com/word/potomac