The name Inga is girl’s name of Norse origin meaning “guarded by Ing”. Ing was a powerful Norse god whose name inspired several modern variations — though Inga has become a caricatured Scandinavian choice.
Below is a collection of questions with topics related to the question you are looking for. It could be able to help you in some way. Now check!
What does inga mean? – Popularly Asked Questions
Whats the meaning of the name Inga?guarded by Ing
Is Inga a Spanish name?The name Inga is primarily a female name of Scandinavian origin that means Belonging To Ing.
Is Inga an Italian name?Italian: perhaps from Sicilian inga ‘ink’ a metonymic occupational name for a scribe.
Is Inga a Russian name?The feminine given name Inga is a variant of the German and Scandinavian name Inge. It derives from the Germanic deity Ing.
How popular is the name Inga?Popularity of the name Inga
The name Inga is ranked #5109 overall.
Is Inga a Ukrainian name?Name Inga is of Norway, Teutonic origin and is a Girl name.
How common is the name Inga?A total of only 107 babies also bear the same first name during that year in the U.S. From 1880 to 2018, the highest recorded use of this name was in 1969 with a total of 115 babies. Since 1880 up to 2018, the name ?Inga? was recorded 4,018 times in the SSA public database.
Part of a video titled How to pronounce Inga (Russian/Russia) – YouTubeyt:YXLkHcKLHgs
How do you say Inga?Inge is a given name in various Germanic language-speaking cultures. In Swedish and Norwegian, it is mostly used as a masculine, but less often also as a feminine name, sometimes as a short form of Ingeborg, while in Danish, Estonian, Frisian, German and Dutch it is exclusively feminine.
Explore What does inga mean? with tags: What does Inga mean in German, Inga meaning in tagalog, Inga origin, Inga name, Inga name popularity, Inga name pronunciation, Nicknames for Inga, Inga meaning Japanese
Great posts about What does inga mean?
Inga: Name Meaning and Origin – SheKnows
- Summary: Inga Skip to main content Skip to header navigation Meanings Danish Baby Names Meaning: In Danish Baby Names the meaning of the name Inga is: Daughter of a hero. Scandinavian Baby Names Meaning: In Scandinavian Baby Names the meaning of the name Inga is: Ing’s protection (Ing was the Norse god of peace and fertility). Hero’s daughter. A feminine diminutive of Ingeborg. Swedish Baby Names Meaning:…
- Rating: 3.3 ⭐
- Source: https://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/inga/
Inga Definition & Meaning – Merriam-Webster
- Summary: Definition of INGA in·ga | \ in sense 1 ˈiŋgə, in senses 2 & 3 iŋˈgä or ˈiŋgə \ Definition of inga 1 capitalized : a genus of tropical shrubs and trees (family Leguminosae) having white or red flowers and large pods that contain an edible pulp and yielding an inferior timber of little durability — see guama 2 plural…
- Rating: 4.09 ⭐
- Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inga
Inga – Baby Name Meaning, Origin and Popularity – The Bump
- Summary: Baby Name Meaning, Origin and PopularityPopularity:9472Origin:IcelandicMeaning:guarded by IngInga is a feminine name with Scandinavian roots that is perfect for the perfect mythology lover. It translates to “guarded by Ing,” and refers to the Norse deity Ing—a.k.a. Freyr—who represented peace and prosperity. No matter where baby’s journey takes them, the name Inga is sure to remind them that they are never alone.On This PagePopularity Trend ChartRelated Baby Names ListsRelated…
- Rating: 4.39 ⭐
- Source: https://www.thebump.com/b/inga-baby-name
Inga – Urban Dictionary
- Summary: Urban Dictionary: IngaA stunning girl, amazing long eyelashes and just overall perfect, an absolutely amazing person inside and out. Will do anything to make you smile, but if you mess with her too much you’re in for it. If you meet an Inga, you just met a friend for life.Get the Inga mug.Advertise here for $5/dayIngas are one of the best people you could ever meet….
- Rating: 1.19 ⭐
- Source: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Inga
Inga: Name Meaning, Popularity and Info on BabyNames.com
- Summary: Inga: Name Meaning, Popularity and Info on BabyNames.com What is the meaning of the name Inga? The name Inga is primarily a female name of Scandinavian origin that means Belonging To Ing. Ing is a Nordic deity.People who like the name Inga also like: Ingrid, Astrid, Hazel, Ophelia, Anya, Mabel, Daisy, Oscar, Elliott, Leif, Drake, Sebastian, Viggo, ArthurNames like Inga: Inez, Inge, Inoke, Ince, Iniko, Ingo,…
- Rating: 3.88 ⭐
- Source: https://babynames.com/name/inga
Inga (given name) – Wikipedia
- Summary: Inga (given name) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to navigation Jump to searchThe feminine given name Inga is a variant of the German and Scandinavian name Inge. It derives from the Germanic deity Ing. Notable people with the name include: Inga of Varteig (c. 1185 – 1234), mistress of King Haakon III of Norway and the mother of King Haakon…
- Rating: 3.61 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inga_(given_name)
Name Inga Meaning, Origin etc. – Girl Names – Baby Name Inga
- Summary: Name Inga Meaning, Origin etc. – Girl Names – Baby Name IngaWhat does the name Inga mean?The meaning of the name “Inga” is: “God of peace and prosperity”. Additional information: From the name INGRIDPronunciation: (EEN gah) Form of: IngeborgConsidering Inga as a Baby Name?The first thing you should know if you are considering Inga for your baby’s name is that in most countries…
- Rating: 2.31 ⭐
- Source: https://www.thenamemeaning.com/inga/
What does Inga mean? – Think Baby Names
- Summary: Name Meaning, What does Inga mean?What does Inga mean?Inga ▼ as a girls’ name is pronounced ING-ah. It is of Scandinavian and Old Norse origin, and the meaning of Inga is “guarded by Ing”. Norse mythology: Ing was a powerful god of fertility and peace. Inge is popular in Germany. Actress Inger Stevens. Also form of Ingrid.ASSOCIATED WITH scandinavian, norse, mythology, powerful, peaceVariationsVARIANTS Ingaberg, Ingaborg, Inge, Ingegerg, Ingeborg, Inger,…
- Rating: 2.41 ⭐
- Source: http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Inga
Inga – meaning, origin, pronunciation & popularity
- Summary: Inga 5109Inga is a ♀ girl’s name.What is the origin of the name Inga?Inga is a Nordic short variant of names beginning with “Ing-“, e.g Ingeborg. These names are based on the Germanic God Yngvi or Ingwio.What does the name Inga mean?The name Inga has no meaning of its own. But it could get the meaning “guarded by Ing“.Pronunciation of Inga👂 German 👂 English…
- Rating: 3.49 ⭐
- Source: https://charlies-names.com/en/inga/
inga | Kidadl
- Summary: inga Discover the origin, meaning and pronunciation of the name Inga. The name Inga is derived from Scandinavian origin. The meaning of Inga is ‘guarded by Ing’. Inga is the feminine form of the name Inge, both of which refer to the Germanic god Ing/Yngvi. It could also be derived from the Germanic word ‘ingwaz’ meaning ‘ancestor’. There are many other variants to…
- Rating: 3.74 ⭐
- Source: https://kidadl.com/baby-names/meaning-of/inga
inga – Wiktionary
- Summary: inga – Wiktionary English Etymology From the genus name. Noun inga (plural ingas) (botany) Any of the genus Inga of small tropical trees and shrubs. 1838, The British cyclopaedia (page 605) Here are the mimosas, the ingas, the acacias, the maples, the beautiful ailantus, and the fine fruit tree, the mango. 1989, National Research Council (U.S.), Lost crops of the Incas (page 279) Fruit trees…
- Rating: 1.85 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/inga
Best 1 Definitions of Inga – YourDictionary
- Summary: Inga Definitions | What does inga mean?Among other forest trees of economic importance are the silk-cotton tree (Bombax ceiba), the Palo de vaca, or cow-tree (Brosimum galactodendron), whose sap resembles milk and is used for that purpose, the Inga saman, the Hevea guayanensis, celebrated in the production of rubber, and the Altalea speciosa, distinguished for the length of its leaves.Those indigenous to the country are the delicious…
- Rating: 3.61 ⭐
- Source: https://www.yourdictionary.com/inga