of roundness or plumpness1. the condition or quality of roundness or plumpness, as of an object or person. 2. fullness, as in tone or speech.
The answer you’ve been waiting for is here now. a list of pertinent questions and answers that you might occasionally need.
What does rotundity mean? – Popularly Asked Questions
Does rotund mean fat?Rotund describes anything that’s plump or round, like a teapot or your chubby Aunt Agnes. Rotund describes someone who is round in shape, or obese.
Is Primus a word?A Primus or a Primus stove is a small cooker or stove that burns paraffin and is often used in camping.
What is the meaning of plumpness in English?having a pleasantly soft, rounded body or shape: a nice plump chicken. plump juicy grapes. a child with plump rosy cheeks
Is zaftig a Yiddish?Zaftig Has Yiddish Origins
It comes from Yiddish zaftik, which means “juicy” or “succulent” and itself derives from zaft, meaning “juice” or “sap.”
What is a big belly called?An excess of adipose visceral fat is known as central obesity, the “pot belly” or “beer belly” effect, in which the abdomen protrudes excessively. This body type is also known as “apple shaped”, as opposed to “pear shaped” in which fat is deposited on the hips and buttocks.
What is Primus in English?(pra?m?s ) singular noun. A Primus or a Primus stove is a small cooker or stove that burns paraffin and is often used in camping. [British, trademark]
What Primus means?Noun. 1. primus – the presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church of Scotland. bishop – a senior member of the Christian clergy having spiritual and administrative authority; appointed in Christian churches to oversee priests or ministers; considered in some churches to be successors of the twelve Apostles of Christ.
Does Plum mean fat?From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishplump1 /pl?mp/ ??? adjective 1 slightly fat in a fairly pleasant way ? used especially about women or children, often to avoid saying the word ‘fat’ The nurse was a cheerful plump woman.
Is there a word Flump?Flump, a verb and noun meaning ?to drop or fall suddenly or heavily; the act or sound of flumping,? is a colloquialism dating back to the first half of the 19th century.
What is a plumpy person?Noun. plumpy (plural plumpies) (informal) A fat person or thing.
Is plum the same as fat?Plums are low in fat and on average have 30 calories per fruit. Plums are also a good source of many nutrients.
Is a Flump a marshmallow?A Flump is a British sweet made of marshmallow. The sweet is a combination of pink, yellow, white and blue marshmallow, which has the appearance of a twisted helix. Flumps are sold in the United Kingdom and are made by the confectioner Barratt.
Who is suave?Someone who is suave is charming, polite, and elegant, but may be insincere. He is a suave, cool, and cultured man. Synonyms: smooth, charming, urbane, debonair More Synonyms of suave.
Who invented the Flump?The Flumps is a children’s programme, created and written by Julie Holder, and produced for the BBC by David Yates. The show was broadcast by the BBC from 1977 to 1988.
Is Suave a negative word?Meaning of suave in English. A suave man is very polite, pleasant, and usually attractive, often in a way that is slightly false: He’s very suave and sophisticated.
Is Suave slang?Although it’s an old fashioned compliment, suave has morphed into something meaning a little bit cheesy. Definitions of suave. adjective. having a sophisticated charm. synonyms: debonair, debonaire, debonnaire refined.
Explore What does rotundity mean? with tags: Drapery meaning, Rotund meaning in english, Fleshier meaning, Rotundity pronunciation, How to pronounce rotund, Behoof definition, Rotundity of speech, Rotund synonym
Excellent information on What does rotundity mean?
Rotundity Definition & Meaning – Dictionary.com
- Summary: Definition of rotundity | Dictionary.comTop Definitions Quiz Related Content Examples This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.[ roh-tuhn-di-tee ]/ roʊˈtʌn dɪ ti /This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.noun, plural ro·tun·di·ties.the condition or quality of roundness or plumpness, as of an object or person.fullness, as in tone or speech.a full or rounded tone, phrase, or the like: oratorical rotundities.QUIZSHALL WE…
- Rating: 4.34 ⭐
- Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/rotundity
Rotundity – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms – Vocabulary.com
- Summary: Rotundity – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms When you talk about the rotundity, or roundness, of a voice, you’re talking about how full-bodied and easily heard it is. The rotundity of a person is how round they are in the belly. Any 3D object that has a roundness to it can be described in terms of its rotundity. The word rotundity…
- Rating: 1.83 ⭐
- Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/rotundity
Rotund Definition & Meaning – Merriam-Webster
- Summary: Definition of ROTUND Other Words from rotund rotundity \ rō-ˈtən-də-tē \ noun rotundly \ rō-ˈtənd-lē , ˈrō-ˌtənd- \ adverb rotundness \ rō-ˈtən(d)-nəs , ˈrō-ˌtənd- \ noun Examples of rotund in a Sentence a rotund little man who, predictably, was asked to play Santa every year the actor’s distinct baritone and his clear and rotund elocution are especially effective in dramatic readings Recent Examples on the Web…
- Rating: 2.43 ⭐
- Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rotund
definition of rotundity by The Free Dictionary
- Summary: rotundity What extent of lowland may be encompassed by the high peaks beyond, must remain for the present matter of mere conjecture though from the form of the summits, and the breaks which may be discovered among them, there can be little doubt that they are the sources of streams calculated to water large tracts, which are probably concealed from view by…
- Rating: 4.83 ⭐
- Source: https://www.thefreedictionary.com/rotundity
Best 1 Definitions of Rotundity – YourDictionary
- Summary: Rotundity Definitions | What does rotundity mean?HomeDictionary Meanings Rotundity Rotundity definition Meanings Synonyms The quality of being rotund. noun Advertisement Other Word Forms Noun Singular: rotundity Plural: rotundities Related articles Edward Plunket TaylorPatrick Bruce Oliphant Words near rotundity in the Dictionary rotulusrotumanrotundrotundarotundaterotundifoliousrotundityrotundlyrotundnessrotundone
- Rating: 4.28 ⭐
- Source: https://www.yourdictionary.com/rotundity
rotundity noun – Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage …
- Summary: rotundity noun – Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes Definitions on the go Look up any word in the dictionary offline, anytime, anywhere with the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary app. Want to learn more? Find out which words work together and produce more natural sounding English with the Oxford Collocations Dictionary app.
- Rating: 3.31 ⭐
- Source: https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/rotundity
Etymology, origin and meaning of rotundity by etymonline
- Summary: Etymology, origin and meaning of rotundity by etymonlinePage URL:https://www.etymonline.com/word/rotundityHTML Link:Etymology of rotundity by etymonlineAPA style:Harper, D. (n.d.). Etymology of rotundity. Online Etymology Dictionary. Retrieved $(datetime), from https://www.etymonline.com/word/rotundityChicago style:Harper Douglas, “Etymology of rotundity,” Online Etymology Dictionary, accessed $(datetime), https://www.etymonline.com/word/rotundity.MLA style:Harper, Douglas. “Etymology of rotundity.” Online Etymology Dictionary, https://www.etymonline.com/word/rotundity. Accessed $(datetimeMla).IEEE style:D. Harper. “Etymology of rotundity.” Online Etymology Dictionary. https://www.etymonline.com/word/rotundity (accessed $(datetime)).
- Rating: 1.82 ⭐
- Source: https://www.etymonline.com/word/rotundity
rotundity – Wiktionary
- Summary: rotundity – Wiktionary Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary Jump to navigation Jump to searchEnglish Etymology rotund + -ity, from Latin rotunditas. Noun rotundity (countable and uncountable, plural rotundities) The quality of being rotund. 1929, Robert Dean Frisbee, The Book of Puka-Puka (republished by Eland, 2019; p. 13): The captain, `Papa Viggo,´ as he is called among the islands, is a fair-haired man, rather under…
- Rating: 1.91 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rotundity
ROTUND | meaning, definition in Cambridge English Dictionary
- Summary: rotund Mounted specimens broadly oval to rotund, length 1.6-2.1 mm, width 1.0-2.0 mm. It was rotund, long-winded, and the sentences were extremely lengthy. People do not get to their feet to make speeches, and they do not express themselves in elaborate and rotund phrases. The rhetoric is still very rotund. Most are active and fit (in the case of my friend, perhaps…
- Rating: 3.99 ⭐
- Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/rotund
What does rotundity mean? – Definitions.net
- Summary: What does rotundity mean? Princeton’s WordNet(1.00 / 1 vote)Rate this definition:sphericity, sphericalness, globosity, globularness, rotundity, rotundnessnounthe roundness of a 3-dimensional objectroundness, rotunditynounthe fullness of a tone of voice”there is a musky roundness to his wordiness”Wiktionary(0.00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition:rotunditynounThe quality of being rotund.Webster Dictionary(0.00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition:Rotunditynounthe state or quality of being rotu/; roundness; sphericity; circularityRotunditynounhence, completeness; entirety;…
- Rating: 3.76 ⭐
- Source: https://www.definitions.net/definition/rotundity
rotundity – definition and meaning – Wordnik
- Summary: rotundity — definition, examples, related words and more at Wordnik Definitions from The Century Dictionary. noun Roundness; sphericity; globular form. noun Rounded fullness; integral entireness. noun Synonyms See roundness. from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English. noun The state or quality of being rotu�; roundness; sphericity; circularity. noun Hence, completeness; entirety; roundness. from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License. noun The quality of being rotund. from…
- Rating: 4.78 ⭐
- Source: https://www.wordnik.com/words/rotundity
rotundity – WordReference.com Dictionary of English
- Summary: rotundity – WordReference.com Dictionary of English See Also: rotte rotten rotten borough rotten ice rottenstone rotter Rotterdam Rottweiler rotund rotunda rotundity roturier Rouault Roubaix Roubiliac rouble roué Rouen Rouen lilac rougail rouge Recent searches: View All rotundity [links] UK:*UK and possibly other pronunciationsUK and possibly other pronunciations/rəʊˈtʌndɪtɪ/US:USA pronunciation: respellingUSA pronunciation: respelling(rō tun′di tē) ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term in…
- Rating: 2.39 ⭐
- Source: https://www.wordreference.com/definition/rotundity
rotundity – Meaning in English – Shabdkosh
- Summary: rotundity – Meaning in English Word Forms / InflectionsDefinitions and Meaning of rotundity in English rotunditynounthe roundness of a 3-dimensional object Synonyms : globosity, globularness, rotundness, sphericalness, sphericitythe fullness of a tone of voice Synonyms : roundness”there is a musky roundness to his wordiness”Synonyms of rotundity See more synonyms!AdvertisementSHABDKOSH Apps Shabdkosh Premium Ad-free experience & much more Learn More Bengali to English Dictionary: rotundityDefinitions and Meaning of…
- Rating: 3.94 ⭐
- Source: https://www.shabdkosh.com/dictionary/bengali-english/rotundity/rotundity-meaning-in-english