Een schoorsteen is een afvoerkanaal voor rookgassen.
Answer the questions you are looking for here. Top of the most correct and useful answers are shared for free.
What is chimney stack? – All helpful answers
What does chimney stack mean?Definition of chimney stack British. 1 : the part of a chimney that is above the roof of a building. 2 : a tall chimney on a factory, ship, etc., for carrying smoke away.
What is the difference between chimney and stack?When you think of a chimney, you may picture the brick structure on top of a roof, but that is actually known as the ?stack?. The chimney stack is the part that is above the roofline.
How do chimney stacks work?Chimneys operate on the principle that hot air rises above cold air. The movement of hot gases rising from the fire creates a pressure difference between the inside of the flue and the room. This is called a ?draught? and it forces air into the fireplace, this air feeds the flames as it rushes past the fire.
What part of the chimney is the stack?A chimney stack is the brick or stone part of a chimney that is above the roof of a building.
Useful articles on What is chimney stack?
Chimney stack Definition & Meaning | Britannica Dictionary
- Summary: Chimney stack Definition & Meaning | Britannica Dictionary chimney stack noun plural chimney stacks chimney stack noun plural chimney stacks Britannica Dictionary definition of CHIMNEY STACK [count] British 1 : the part of a chimney that is above the roof of a building 2 : smokestack
- Rating: 4.13 ⭐
- Source: https://www.britannica.com/dictionary/chimney-stack
Chimney stack Definition & Meaning – Merriam-Webster
- Summary: Definition of CHIMNEY STACK Definition of chimney stack British 1 : the part of a chimney that is above the roof of a building 2 : a tall chimney on a factory, ship, etc., for carrying smoke away Learn More About chimney stack Statistics for chimney stack Cite this Entry “Chimney stack.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chimney%20stack. Accessed 22 Sep. 2022. Test Your Vocabulary The…
- Rating: 1.36 ⭐
- Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chimney%20stack
What's the Difference Between a Chimney and a Stack
- Summary: What’s the Difference Between a Chimney and a Stack | Brick + Ember Outfitters | NashvilleWhat’s the Difference Between a Chimney and a Stack Those with a fireplace have certainly heard of the importance of your chimney. Each year, you hear about chimney maintenance and how you must get your annual chimney sweep and inspection. A healthy chimney is absolutely crucial to the performance and durability of your fireplace. However,…
- Rating: 3.38 ⭐
- Source: https://www.brickandember.com/chimney-stack-nashville/
Flue-gas stack – Wikipedia
- Summary: Flue-gas stack A flue-gas stack, also known as a smoke stack, chimney stack or simply as a stack, is a type of chimney, a vertical pipe, channel or similar structure through which combustion product gases called flue gases are exhausted to the outside air. Flue gases are produced when coal, oil, natural gas, wood or any other fuel is combusted in an industrial furnace, a power…
- Rating: 2.21 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flue-gas_stack
the fine art of brickwork – Chimney Stack
The Chimney Stack and Associated Terminology
- Summary: Know Your Roof – The Chimney Stack and Associated Terminology Chimney Stack Diagram Renown here again to unravel the mysteries of chimney terminology so that you’ll know just what we’re talking about when we use weird and wonderful terms like flaunching, soakers and apron! Simply put, the chimney is the exhaust system that safely carry noxious gases and smoke from your fire and out of your home. It…
- Rating: 3.83 ⭐
- Source: https://www.renownroofingmanchester.co.uk/roof-terminology/the-chimney-stack-and-associated-terminology/
The Different Parts of a Chimney Explained – Early Times
- Summary: All About the Different Chimney Parts There’s a lot more to your chimney than just a bunch of bricks and a fireplace. It’s important that you know as much as possible about the different parts of a chimney in order to spot any problems before they get out of hand and so you can better explain what’s…
- Rating: 4.27 ⭐
- Source: https://verticalchimney.com/blog/parts-of-a-chimney/
chimney stack – Longman Dictionary
- Summary: chimney stack | meaning of chimney stack in Longman Dictionary of Contemporary EnglishFrom Longman Dictionary of Contemporary EnglishBuildingschimney stackˈchimney stack noun [countable] British English 1 TBBthe tall chimney of a building such as a factory SYN smokestack American English2 TBBa group of small chimneys on a roofExamples from the Corpuschimney stack• Every room has a fireplace and…
- Rating: 2.16 ⭐
- Source: https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/chimney-stack
Best 1 Definitions of Chimney-stack – YourDictionary
- Summary: Chimney-stack Definitions | What does chimney-stack mean?HomeDictionary Meanings Chimney-stack Chimney-stack definition Meanings A vertical structure, normally of brick, rising from a roof, containing one or more flues, each one terminating in a chimney pot. noun Other Word Forms Noun
- Rating: 1.69 ⭐
- Source: https://www.yourdictionary.com/chimney-stack