adjectivecapable, willing to endure. accommodating. calm. composed. easygoing.
And here’s the answer you’re looking for. A collection of related questions and answers you may need from time to time.
What is the definition of mild tempered? – All helpful answers
What do you call a person who is mild-mannered?(?ma?ld?mæn?d ) adjective. gentle and polite. Forrest was normally mild-mannered, affable, and untalkative.
What does it mean for a person to be mild?gentle in
What is the meaning of tempered?made less intense or violent, especially by the influence of something good or benign: justice tempered with mercy. properly moistened or mixed, as clay. Metallurgy. of or relating to steel or cast iron that has been tempered.
How do you describe someone who is short tempered?SYNONYMS irritable, testy, choleric, waspish.
Is mild-mannered a good thing?Maybe you’d be better off using the adjective “mild-mannered,” which does have a positive connotation as it approvingly describes one as being gentle, kind, and polite.
Is mild-mannered a compliment?If someone calls you mannered, it’s really not a compliment. It means that the way you act seems artificial or exaggerated. Chill out. Manners are the way we behave in society, how we speak and act with other people.
What does mild to moderate mean in medical terms?Scores of 0 to 7 on either subscale are considered normal, 8 to 10 are considered mild, 11 to 14 are considered moderate, and 15 to 21 are considered severe.
What’s another word for mildly?In this page you can discover 30 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for mildly, like: gently, blandly, calmly, tranquilly, somewhat, meekly, genially, softly, tepidly, lightly and moderately.
What is an example of tempered?Tempered is defined as made harder by adding heat or some substance, or adjusting your temperament. When steel is reheated and then cooled in order to make it harder, this is an example of when the steel is tempered.
What is the opposite of tempered?Antonyms & Near Antonyms for tempered. debilitated, enervated, enfeebled, weakened.
What do you call a person who is easily offended?Irritable, testy, touchy, irascible are adjectives meaning easily upset, offended, or angered.
What to say to someone who has offended you?Start by saying, ?It wasn’t my intent to offend you,? or ?I didn’t realize that was offensive to you.? Ask a question to get the person talking. ?How did you interpret what I said?? or ?What didn’t I understand?? or ?What should I know about how that comment could be interpreted??
Why do some people get so easily offended?Being offended is deeply rooted in the expectations that govern our daily interactions and behavior. When a person is easily offended, this could be caused by them struggling to differentiate between their emotions and the context in which they are communicating with someone or witnessing a situation.
What causes a person to be short tempered?Stress, financial issues, abuse, poor social or familial situations, and overwhelming requirements on your time and energy can all contribute to the formation of anger. As with disorders such as alcoholism, anger issues may be more prevalent in individuals who were raised by parents with the same disorder.
Can a short-tempered person change?Just because you’ve always had a short fuse doesn’t mean you can’t change. While a 2010 study linked having a short temper to long-term health issues, it’s also totally possible to manage.
What do you call someone who can’t control their anger?Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is a mental health condition marked by frequent impulsive anger outbursts or aggression.
Useful articles on What is the definition of mild tempered?
mild tempered definition | English dictionary for learners
- Summary: mild tempered definition | English dictionary for learners ( milder comparative) ( mildest superlative ) 1 adj Mild is used to describe something such as a feeling, attitude, or illness that is not very strong or severe. usu ADJ n (Antonym: extreme) Teddy turned to Mona with a look of mild confusion…, Anna put up…
- Rating: 3.86 ⭐
- Source: https://dictionary.reverso.net/english-cobuild/mild+tempered
Meaning of mild-mannered in English – Cambridge Dictionary
- Summary: mild-mannered Comic books and films constantly reinvent the superhero formula, with mild-mannered every(wo)man-types suddenly emerging as a bigger than life villains or caped do-gooders. Even the most mild-mannered among us have something in common with sharks. The mild-mannered doctor briefly captured the national spotlight and even rose to the top of the polls in the fall. Whether mild-mannered rebuke or vicious screed,…
- Rating: 3.05 ⭐
- Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/mild-mannered
What is another word for mild-tempered? – WordHippo
- Summary: What is another word for mild-tempered? | Mild-tempered Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus Need synonyms for mild-tempered? Here’s a list of similar words from our thesaurus that you can use instead. Adjective Having the ability to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering patient forbearing stoical accommodating calm resigned tolerant composed understanding long-suffering stoic uncomplaining considerate indulgent unflappable cool enduring even-tempered forgiving…
- Rating: 2.13 ⭐
- Source: https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/mild_tempered.html
MILD-MANNERED (adjective) definition and synonyms
- Summary: MILD-MANNERED (adjective) American English definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary Collocations Thesaurus Blog BuzzWord Open Dictionary Resources Quizzes Videos Search BuzzWord Open Dictionary Resources Quizzes Videos Collocations Thesaurus Blog Search IDMmild-mannered Definitions and SynonymsadjectiveUS DEFINITIONS1 1gentle and kindHe was a small mild-mannered man with beautiful gray eyes.Synonyms and related wordsKind and gentle and sensitivegentlenicesensitive… Explore Thesaurus American definition and synonyms of mild-mannered from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.This is the…
- Rating: 4.07 ⭐
- Source: https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/mild-mannered
Mild-mannered Definition, Meaning & Synonyms
- Summary: The World’s Fastest Dictionary | Vocabulary.com SKIP TO CONTENT mild-mannered behaving in or having a mild or gentle manner ill-mannered socially incorrect in behavior well-mannered of good upbringing bad-mannered socially incorrect in behavior bewilderment confusion resulting from failure to understand undermanned inadequate in number of workers or assistants etc. determined having been learned or…
- Rating: 4.92 ⭐
- Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/milder-mannered
Mild-mannered – The Free Dictionary
- Summary: mild-mannered Mongondro was a sweet-tempered, mild-mannered little old chief, short-sighted and afflicted with elephantiasis, and no longer inclined toward the turbulence of war.Once from the back of his waist he produced something which one would hardly have expected to find in the possession of so mild-mannered a man.Was there ever a more mild-mannered, Sunday-school young man?”A mild-mannered police officer,…
- Rating: 2.02 ⭐
- Source: https://www.thefreedictionary.com/mild-mannered
Tempered Definition & Meaning – Dictionary.com
- Summary: Definition of tempered | Dictionary.comTop Definitions Quiz Related Content Examples British This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.[ tem-perd ]/ ˈtɛm pərd /This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.adjectivehaving a temper or disposition of a specified character (usually used in combination): a good-tempered child.Music. tuned in accordance with some other temperament than just or pure temperament, especially…
- Rating: 2.57 ⭐
- Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/tempered
mild-tempered Definition in the dictionary English
- Summary: mild-tempered – English definition, grammar, pronunciation, synonyms and examples Examples Stem Seeking companionship with mild-tempered individuals will aid you in maintaining self-control. When we maintain a mild temper even under provocation, dissenters are often moved to reassess their criticisms. “With a mild temper and deep respect,” the Bible counsels. This means that he was mild-tempered, reasonable, merciful…
- Rating: 3.84 ⭐
- Source: https://glosbe.com/en/en/mild-tempered