Vertaald uit het Engels–
And here’s the answer you’re looking for. A collection of related questions and answers you may need from time to time.
Whats an ocean blob? – Frequently asked questions
What causes ocean blob?The Blob is caused by a combination of warmer air temperatures (that warms the ocean’s surface), changes in the patterns of wind speed, direction and duration (wind helps mix the ocean and by bringing cool water from depth) and the persistent mass of warmer water along the equator known as ENSO.26 okt
What is the ocean phenomenon known as The Blob?The Blob is a large mass of relatively warm water in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of North America that was first detected in late 2013 and continued to spread throughout 2014 and 2015. It is an example of a marine heatwave.
Why is it called the Blob?The film was Jack Harris’ first production, and was reportedly inspired by a discovery of star jelly in Pennsylvania in 1950. It was originally titled The Molten Meteor until producers overheard screenwriter Kay Linaker refer to the film’s monster as “the blob”.
What is a weather blob?The blob is a complex manifestation of the atmosphere-ocean interaction system in which energy exchange behaves anomalously. NOAA scientists have found that warmer-than-usual water is mainly driven by a persistent high-pressure ridge dominating the region.15 jun
Is the blob gone?The atmospheric ridge dissipated in 2015, and the blob finally subsided in early 2016, but marine animals?and the many coastal industries that depend on them?will take much longer to return to normal. Some species may take years to recover. Waylaid by the disaster, some fisheries and canneries shuttered their doors.
How big is the blob FNAF?Its body is a large, dark grey mass made of tentacle-like wires. It is estimated that the Blob is around the size of DJ Music Man, making it one of the largest characters in the series.
What is The Blob in Guadalupe?On the coast of Guadalupe Island, a new phenomenon known as The Blob sends juvenile great white sharks straight into a feeding frenzy of giant 20-foot adults. A team of shark experts dives deep to discover whether the young sharks survive or become a snack.
Does The Blob exist?The blob is neither animal, nor plant. And although Physarum polycephalum ? Latin for “many-headed slime” ? is classified as a type of slime mold, scientists now consider the creature unrelated to fungi.
What is a Blob made of?Page BLOBs
They are made of 512-byte pages and store VHD (Virtual Hard Drive) files. They can store around 8 Tebibytes (2^40 bytes) of data.
Why is the Pacific Ocean so hot?Pressure and wind changes in the North Pacific ocean have enabled the sea surface temperatures to rise above normal levels. A strong oceanic heatwave has formed in this process, impacting the regional weather and marine life.
What color was The Blob?The actual Blob, a mixture of red dye and silicone, has never dried out and is still kept in the original five-gallon pail in which it was shipped to the production company in 1958 from Union Carbide.
How was The Blob destroyed?“The Blob” was terrifying due to its unstoppable nature, and unlike most horror movies of the time period, “The Blob” is not destroyed at the end of the film. Instead, the Air Force transports the giant slime ball to the Arctic, hoping to freeze it in its tracks.
How cold is the water in the Pacific Ocean?The seasonal average water temperature is between 42°F and 88°F (see water temperatures of the Pacific Ocean in september).
Can LA run out of water?The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is now predicting that California only has enough water supply to last one year.
What is the warmest ocean on Earth?The Indian Ocean has the warmest surface temperature of all the world¹s oceans, as most of it is found in the tropics.
The most helpful answer about Whats an ocean blob?
Ocean heat waves like the Pacific's deadly 'Blob … – Science
- Summary: Science | AAAS © 2022 American Association for the Advancement of Science. All rights reserved. AAAS is a partner of HINARI, AGORA, OARE, CHORUS, CLOCKSS, CrossRef and COUNTER.
- Rating: 3.43 ⭐
- Source: https://www.science.org/content/article/ocean-heat-waves-pacific-s-deadly-blob-could-become-new-normal
The Blob – Earthdata – NASA
- Summary: The BlobIn 2013, a mysterious pool of warm water developed off of Alaska. This marine heat was so persistent and unusual that it initially defied explanation. The pool lingered in the sub-Arctic Bering Sea and Gulf of Alaska through winter, and then quickly expanded south along the Pacific Coast. By summer of 2014, the heated mass of water stretched from Alaska…
- Rating: 1.49 ⭐
- Source: https://www.earthdata.nasa.gov/learn/sensing-our-planet/blob
The 'blob' is back: Here's how it could impact fall weather
- Summary: The ‘blob’ is back: Here’s how it could impact fall weather A similar pattern occurred between 2014 and 2015, with significant weather impacts across North America. This year, a swath of warmer-than-average water stretches from Alaska, where it began forming in June, all the way south to Baja California, Mexico. We have seen sea surface temperature (SST) anomaly patterns similar to this in…
- Rating: 2.98 ⭐
- Source: https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/the-2019-blob-pacific-ocean-weather-patterns-autumn-fall
Pacific Ocean Blob: Scientists found the source of …
- Summary: Scientists uncovered the source of the deadly ‘Blob’ in the PacificA huge patch of water in the Pacific Ocean along the North American coast warmed above typical seasonal temperatures in late 2013.This increase, named the “Blob” after a 1958 horror film about an alien life form that grows as it consumes everything in its path, lasted an abnormally long period of time and decimated sea life, killing fish, birds, and many other…
- Rating: 3.3 ⭐
- Source: https://interestingengineering.com/science/scientists-finally-uncovered-the-source-of-the-deadly-blob-that-cooked-the-pacific
What is the marine heatwave – the so-called 'blob'
- Rating: 4.07 ⭐
- Source: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/08/what-is-the-marine-heatwave-the-so-called-blob-that-is-causing-global-climate-chaos/
A mysterious ocean phenomenon known as 'the Blob …
- Summary: A mysterious ocean phenomenon known as ‘the Blob’ wreaked havoc on Pacific wildlife (Photo credit: Sarah Schoen, USGS) In early 2016, Sarah Schoen, a wildlife biologist at the Alaska Science Center, a branch of the United States Geological Survey, in Anchorage, set off on an investigation of a large die-off of murres, a black and…
- Rating: 1.74 ⭐
- Source: https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2020/02/a-mysterious-ocean-phenomenon-known-as-the-blob-wreaked-havoc-on-pacific-wildlife/