Answer the questions you are looking for here. Top of the most correct and useful answers are shared for free.
Whats does alley mean? – All you need to know
What is the full meaning of alley?/?æl·i/ (also alleyway, us/?æl·i?we?/) a narrow road or path between buildings, esp. between the backs of buildings: I ran down the alley and up the back stairs.
What is an example of an alley?An example of an alley is the place between two outfielders on a baseball field. A path between flower beds or trees in a garden or park.10 mei 2022
What is an alley used for?An alley is a narrow lane for pedestrians or service that runs between or behind buildings. Alleys used to be planned into cities for trash access, deliveries, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical services, fire engines, and for parking.
What is the synonym of alley?nounnon-main road. alley. alleyway. back street. country road.
Useful articles on Whats does alley mean?
ALLEY | meaning, definition in Cambridge English Dictionary
- Summary: alley Adaptability of calliandra tree fallows planted in alleys. To what extent are they ‘ blind alleys ‘ that disappear without a trace ? Plots were 14 mr30.5 m and separated by 2 m alleys within each replicate. Plots were separated by 1 m wide alleys planted with barley. Rats placed in an elevated maze with brightly…
- Rating: 2.2 ⭐
- Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/alley
Alley Definition & Meaning – Merriam-Webster
- Summary: Definition of ALLEY al·ley | \ ˈa-lē \ 1 : a garden or park walk bordered by trees or bushes 2a(1) : a grassed enclosure for bowling or skittles (2) : a hardwood lane for bowling also : a room or building housing a group of such lanes b : the space on each side of a tennis doubles court between the sideline and the…
- Rating: 4.73 ⭐
- Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alley
Alley Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Summary: Definition of alley | Dictionary.comTop Definitions Quiz Related Content More About Alley Examples British Idioms And Phrases This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.noun, plural al·leys.a passage, as through a continuous row of houses, permitting access from the street to backyards, garages, etc.a narrow…
- Rating: 3.41 ⭐
- Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/alley
Alley – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms – Vocabulary.com
- Summary: Alley – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms An alley is a narrow street with walls or buildings on both sides, like the dark alley everyone warns you not to walk down alone. Alley comes from the Old French word alee, meaning “a path, passage, way, corridor,” which itself likely comes from the Latin word ambulare “to…
- Rating: 3.98 ⭐
- Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/alley
Alley – Wikipedia
- Summary: Alley “Backstreet” and “Back street” redirect here. For other uses, see Back Street. An alley or alleyway is a narrow lane, path, or passageway, often reserved for pedestrians, which usually runs between, behind, or within buildings in the older parts of towns and cities. It is also a rear access or service road (back lane), or a…
- Rating: 1.29 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alley
ALLEY (noun) definition and synonyms – Macmillan Dictionary
- Summary: ALLEY (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary Collocations Thesaurus Blog BuzzWord Open Dictionary Resources Quizzes Videos Search BuzzWord Open Dictionary Resources Quizzes Videos Collocations Thesaurus Blog Search IDMalley Definitions and Synonyms noun countable UK /ˈæli/ Other entries for this word alley cat noun back-alley adjective blind alley noun bowling alley noun Tin Pan Alley noun be right up someone’s alley phrase Word…
- Rating: 2.98 ⭐
- Source: https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/alley
What does alley mean? – Definitions.net
- Summary: What does alley mean? Princeton’s WordNet(0.00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition:alley, alleyway, back streetnouna narrow street with walls on both sidesbowling alley, alley, skittle alleynouna lane down which a bowling ball is rolled toward pinsSamuel Johnson’s Dictionary(0.00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition:AlleynounEtymology: allée, Fr.1. A walk in a garden. And all within were walks and alleys wide,With footing worn, and leading…
- Rating: 1.89 ⭐
- Source: https://www.definitions.net/definition/alley