Een intellectueel is een persoon met een grote algemene ontwikkeling en een goed ontwikkeld oordeelsvermogen die betrokken is bij het wetenschappelijk, maatschappelijk en cultureel debat. Intellectuelen worden beschouwd als de hoeders en voortbrengers van de cultuur.
Answer the questions you are looking for here. Top of the most correct and useful answers are shared for free.
Whats does intellectual mean? – Frequently asked questions
What does being intellectual mean?1 : of or relating to thought or understanding intellectual development. 2 : interested in serious study and thought an intellectual person. 3 : requiring study and thought an intellectual challenge.
What is an example of intellectual?Intellectual is defined as someone or something that is rational rather than emotional. An example of intellectual is consulting a financial advisor about credit debt. A member of the intelligentsia. Appealing to or engaging the intellect.
What makes an intellectual person?An intellectual is a person who engages in critical thinking, research, and reflection about the reality of society, and who proposes solutions for the normative problems of society.
What means intellectual thinking?Intellectual is often used to describe intensive reasoning and deep thinking, particularly in relation to subjects that tend to spark deep discussion, such as literature or philosophy.
The most helpful answer about Whats does intellectual mean?
Intellectual Definition & Meaning – Merriam-Webster
- Summary: Definition of INTELLECTUAL Adjective the social and intellectual life of the campus as the daughter of college professors, she’s used to being around intellectual people Noun He thinks that he’s an intellectual, but he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. She’s a hard worker but she’s no great intellectual. a café where artists and intellectuals mingle Recent Examples on the Web People with…
- Rating: 3.77 ⭐
- Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intellectual
Meaning of intellectual in English – Cambridge Dictionary
- Summary: intellectual If you need a written programme to undertake the intellectual ‘decoding’, the thing is surely already too far removed. Intellectuals would have to be compared with social actors other than intellectuals and with non-intellectual modes of action (supposing these exist). The intellectual context of what at this time was considered to be plausible and demonstrable is also significant. Politics became inseparably entwined with cultural or intellectual debates…
- Rating: 1.81 ⭐
- Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/intellectual
Intellectual – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms – Vocabulary.com
- Summary: Intellectual – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms examples: show 198 examples… hide 198 examples… Pierre Abelard French philosopher and theologian; lover of Heloise (1079-1142) Saint Ambrose (Roman Catholic Church) Roman priest who became bishop of Milan; the first Church Father born and raised in the Christian faith; composer of hymns; imposed orthodoxy on the early Christian church and built up its secular power; a saint and Doctor of the…
- Rating: 2.06 ⭐
- Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/intellectual
Intellectual Definition & Meaning – Dictionary.com
- Summary: Definition of intellectual | Dictionary.comTop Definitions Synonyms Quiz Related Content Examples British Cultural This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.[ in-tl-ek-choo-uhl ]/ ˌɪn tlˈɛk tʃu əl /This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.adjectiveappealing to or engaging the intellect: intellectual pursuits.of or relating to the intellect or its use: intellectual powers.possessing or showing intellect or mental capacity, especially to a…
- Rating: 3.45 ⭐
- Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/intellectual
Intellectual Definition & Meaning – Dictionary.com
- Summary: Definition of intellectual | Dictionary.comTop Definitions Synonyms Quiz Related Content Examples British Cultural [ in-tl-ek-choo-uhl ]/ ˌɪn tlˈɛk tʃu əl /adjectiveappealing to or engaging the intellect: intellectual pursuits.of or relating to the intellect or its use: intellectual powers.possessing or showing intellect or mental capacity, especially to a high degree: an intellectual person.guided or developed by or relying on the intellect rather than upon emotions or feelings; rational….
- Rating: 2.93 ⭐
- Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/intellectually
intellectual – Longman Dictionary
- Summary: intellectual | meaning of intellectual in Longman Dictionary of Contemporary EnglishFrom Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishintellectualin‧tel‧lec‧tu·al1 /ˌɪntəˈlektʃuəl◂/ ●●○ W3 adjective 1 relating to the ability to understand things and think intelligentlyintellectual development/ability/activity etc a job that requires considerable intellectual effort2 INTELLIGENTan intellectual person is well-educated and interested in serious…
- Rating: 4.03 ⭐
- Source: https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/intellectual
Intellectual – Wikipedia
- Summary: Intellectual This article is about the term for a practician of intellect. For the process of developing intellect, see Intellectualism. Foreign Policy magazine named the lawyer Shirin Ebadi a leading intellectual for her work protecting human rights in Iran. An intellectual is a person who engages in critical thinking, research, and reflection about the reality of society, and who proposes solutions for…
- Rating: 3.46 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual
Best 24 Definitions of Intellectual – YourDictionary
- Summary: Intellectual Definitions | What does intellectual mean? A person engaged in intellectual work. noun A person with intellectual interests or tastes. noun Of or pertaining to the intellect. adjective Guided by the intellect rather than by feelings. adjective Appealing to the intellect. adjective Relating to the understanding; treating of the mind; as, intellectual philosophy, sometimes called “mental” philosophy. adjective Having or showing a high degree…
- Rating: 4.31 ⭐
- Source: https://www.yourdictionary.com/intellectual
intellectual – Swarthmore College
- Summary: intellectual I am a college professor, and I am purportedly an intellectual. But I am not quite sure what it means to be an intellectual. In very general terms, someone intellectual, I presume, is a person who is intelligent, though this doesn’t say much. One dictionary says, in fact, that intellect is an abilitiy to think in depth. Another says that it is the faculty of…
- Rating: 1.13 ⭐
- Source: http://www.swarthmore.edu/Humanities/tkitao1/artstuff/intellectual.html