Definition of immaterial 1 : of no substantial consequence : unimportant. 2 : not consisting of matter : incorporeal. Synonyms & Antonyms Example Sentences Learn More About immaterial.
The content of this article is compiled by FAQGuide from many reputable information sources such as Reddit, Quora and Google. Now, instead of searching for answers on Reddit, Quora the hard way, you can get all the information you want in this thread.
Whats the definition of immaterial? – Popularly Asked Questions
Can a person be immaterial?Immaterial definition Having no material body or form. Not consisting of matter; incorporeal; spiritual. That does not matter; not pertinent; unimportant.
How do you use immaterial in a sentence?Immaterial in a Sentence ??
- The judge told the jury to disregard the testimony because it was immaterial to the trial.
- If the pictures are immaterial to the case, the prosecutor will not be allowed to introduce them.
- Once John realized money was immaterial to happiness he was able to find joy within himself.
What is the difference between material and immaterial beings?A breach under the law can be considered either material or immaterial: material being a major breach, and immaterial being a minor breach. Both can be subject to litigation if actual damages occur to the non-breaching party to the contract
What does immaterial mean synonym?In this page you can discover 67 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for immaterial, like: unimportant, insignificant, irrelevant, spiritual, meaningless, incorporeal, bodiless, disembodied, without substance, intangible and ethereal.
What does immaterial mind mean?Things we think of as immaterial, such as consciousness and soul, are material phenomena that we think must be immaterial because we do not yet know their true nature. To claim that something is immaterial implies it does not exist. Consciousness surely exists, and there are many good reasons to think souls do too.
What things are immaterial?Things that are immaterial have no physical form (like a ghost) or are unimportant (like most ghost stories). Something that’s material has substance, right? You can touch it or it’s important.
What part of speech is immaterial?IMMATERIAL (adjective) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
What does immaterial mean in law?immaterial. adj. a commonly heard objection to introducing evidence in a trial on the ground that it had nothing substantial to do with the case or any issue in the case. It can also apply to any matter (such as an argument or complaint) in a lawsuit which has no bearing on the issues to be decided in a trial.
What is immaterial soul?For, if the soul exists, it is an immaterial substance. And, in as much as it is an immaterial substance, it is not subject to the decomposition of material things; hence, it is immortal. Most dualists agree that the soul is identical to the mind, yet different from the brain or its functions.
What is immaterial reality?Immaterial reality. A reality where all objects do not possess any ?substance? ?their manifestation is sensory only? or ?permanence? ?not always there, not always have been?. Good examples are the reproduction of audio and cinematographic recordings; they exist but are not perceived until they are processed.
What is an immaterial mind?If our thoughts and consciousness cannot occur to anything material, in- cluding our brains, then they must occur to immaterial things, or Cartesian minds. Only immaterial things can be conscious and have thoughts. Since we are conscious and have thoughts, we must be immaterial minds.
What does immaterial change mean?Immaterial Change means a Proposed Change that is not a Material Change.
Which word means immaterial or unimportant things?extraneous, inconsequential, meaningless, trivial, unimportant, incorporeal, nonmaterial, foreign, impertinent, inapplicable, inapposite, inappropriate, inconsiderable, inconsiderate, inessential, insignificant, irrelative, trifling, unnecessary, aerial.
How much is considered immaterial?Definition of Materiality
Relatively large amounts are material, while relatively small amounts are not material (or immaterial). Determining materiality requires professional judgement. For instance, a $20,000 amount will likely be immaterial for a large corporation with a net income of $900,000.
Explore Whats the definition of immaterial? with tags: How to pronounce Immaterial, Material and immaterial meaning, Immaterial definition accounting, Immaterial meaning in law, Immaterial meaning in philosophy, Immaterial synonym, Immaterial in a sentence, Immaterial examples
The best fruitful answer to Whats the definition of immaterial?
Immaterial Definition & Meaning – Dictionary.com
- Summary: Definition of immaterial | Dictionary.comTop Definitions Quiz Related Content Examples British This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.[ im-uh-teer-ee-uhl ]/ ˌɪm əˈtɪər i əl /This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.adjectiveof no essential consequence; unimportant.not pertinent; irrelevant.not material; incorporeal; spiritual.QUIZSHALL WE PLAY A “SHALL” VS. “SHOULD” CHALLENGE?Should you take this quiz on “shall” versus “should”? It should…
- Rating: 3.39 ⭐
- Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/immaterial
IMMATERIAL | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Summary: immaterial Meaning of immaterial in English Examples of immaterial immaterial While there were four additional postseason bowl games last year versus the previous year that’s, relatively speaking, immaterial. The game is immaterial; it’s a weekday night, and like every weekday night, he’s in the process of getting absolutely sloshed. The intent, content, and method of the communication, correspondence, or intercourse are immaterial. The grants are…
- Rating: 1.26 ⭐
- Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/immaterial
Immaterial – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms – Vocabulary.com
- Summary: Immaterial – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms Things that are immaterial have no physical form (like a ghost) or are unimportant (like most ghost stories). Something that’s material has substance, right? You can touch it or it’s important. So the opposite is the word immaterial, which means something that doesn’t matter, or has no physical substance, or which adds nothing to the…
- Rating: 4.95 ⭐
- Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/immaterial
immaterial adjective – Oxford Learner's Dictionaries
- Summary: immaterial adjective – Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes[not usually before noun] not important in a particular situation synonym irrelevantThe cost is immaterial. immaterial to somebody/something It is immaterial to me whether he stays or goes.These facts are immaterial to the problem.Oxford Collocations Dictionaryverbsbeproveseem…adverbcompletelyentirelyquite…prepositiontoSee full entry (formal) not having a physical forman immaterial Godthe immaterial mind/soul opposite material Word Originlate Middle English (in sense (2)): from late Latin immaterialis,…
- Rating: 3.62 ⭐
- Source: https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/english/immaterial
Immaterial Definition & Meaning | Britannica Dictionary
- Summary: Immaterial Definition & Meaning | Britannica Dictionary immaterial /ˌɪməˈtirijəl/ adjective immaterial /ˌɪməˈtirijəl/ adjective Britannica Dictionary definition of IMMATERIAL : not important or significant Whether or not he intended to cause problems is immaterial. The fact that she is a woman is immaterial and irrelevant. [+] more examples [-] hide examples [+] Example sentences [-] Hide examples — often used in legal contexts The judge…
- Rating: 2.21 ⭐
- Source: https://www.britannica.com/dictionary/immaterial
Best 6 Definitions of Immaterial – YourDictionary
- Summary: Immaterial Definitions | What does immaterial mean?HomeDictionary Meanings Immaterial Immaterial definition Meanings Synonyms Sentences Of no importance or relevance; inconsequential or irrelevant. adjective Having no material body or form. adjective Not consisting of matter; incorporeal; spiritual. adjective That does not matter; not pertinent; unimportant. adjective Because ghosts are immaterial, they can pass through walls. adjective Objection, Your Honour! The defendant’s criminal record is immaterial to…
- Rating: 3.22 ⭐
- Source: https://www.yourdictionary.com/immaterial
immaterial – definition and meaning – Wordnik
- Summary: immaterial — definition, examples, related words and more at Wordnik [NOTE TO SELF, FIND THIS: Sergio Bologna, “Problematiche del lavoro autonomo in Italia” (Part I), Altreragioni, no. 1 (1992), pp. 11-32; discussion of the term immaterial labor on 10-27.] What in the hell … [NOTE TO SELF, FIND THIS: Sergio Bologna, “Problematiche del lavoro autonomo in Italia” (Part I), Altreragioni, no….
- Rating: 3.61 ⭐
- Source: https://www.wordnik.com/words/immaterial
immaterial – Longman Dictionary
- Summary: immaterial | meaning of immaterial in Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Word family (noun) material materialism materialist materials materialization (adjective) material immaterial materialistic materialist (verb) materialize (adverb) materialistically materially From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishimmaterialim‧ma‧te‧ri‧al /ˌɪməˈtɪəriəl◂ $ -ˈtɪr-/ adjective 1 UNIMPORTANTnot important in a particular situation SYN irrelevant If you sign a document, it is wholly immaterial whether you…
- Rating: 1.58 ⭐
- Source: https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/immaterial
immaterial Definitions and Synonyms – Macmillan Dictionary
- Summary: IMMATERIAL (adjective) American English definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary Collocations Thesaurus Blog BuzzWord Open Dictionary Resources Quizzes Videos Search BuzzWord Open Dictionary Resources Quizzes Videos Collocations Thesaurus Blog Search IDMimmaterial Definitions and SynonymsadjectiveUS /ˌɪməˈtɪriəl/ DEFINITIONS1 1not important or relevantThe difference in our ages was immaterial.Do it however you like – it’s immaterial to me.Synonyms and related wordsNot relevant or appropriateirrelevantinappropriateunimportant… Explore Thesaurus American definition and synonyms of immaterial…
- Rating: 4.5 ⭐
- Source: https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/immaterial
immaterial | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute
- Summary: immaterial The word immaterial refers to having no essential bearing on the issue being brought in a contract or to the claim for relief. Something immaterial would mean something that is not relevant to the issue presented. Immaterial is commonly heard as an objection when introducing evidence in a trial as the opposing side would claim the matter had nothing substantial or relevance to the issue in a case….
- Rating: 3.7 ⭐
- Source: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/immaterial
Immaterial Definition | Law Insider
- Summary: Immaterial Definition | Law InsiderImmaterial as defined below), CM Partnership shall notify IHL of such fact and IHL shall have the option to terminate this Agreement upon notice to CM Partnership given not later than twenty (20) days after receipt of CM Partnership’s notice. If IHL terminates this Agreement as aforesaid, none of the parties shall have any further rights or obligations hereunder, except such rights or obligations…
- Rating: 2.61 ⭐
- Source: https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/immaterial