The content of this article is compiled by FAQGuide from many reputable information sources such as Reddit, Quora and Google. Now, instead of searching for answers on Reddit, Quora the hard way, you can get all the information you want in this thread.
When something is inflexible? – Frequently asked questions
What are some synonyms for inflexible?synonyms for inflexible
What does it mean for someone to be inflexible?inflexible, obdurate, adamant mean unwilling to alter a predetermined course or purpose. inflexible implies rigid adherence or even servile conformity to principle.
What does rigid and inflexible mean?stiff or unyielding; not pliant or flexible; hard: a rigid strip of metal. firmly fixed or set. inflexible, strict, or severe: a rigid disciplinarian; rigid rules of social behavior. exacting; thorough; rigorous: a rigid examination.
What is the opposite of being flexible?Opposite of capable of bending easily without breaking. rigid. inflexible. stiff. hard.
What is a word for not flexible?OTHER WORDS FOR inflexible
1 unbendable, stiff. 2 rigorous, stern, unrelenting, unremitting, stubborn, obstinate, intractable, obdurate, unbending, adamant.
What is the synonym of rigid?Some common synonyms of rigid are rigorous, strict, and stringent. While all these words mean "extremely severe or stern," rigid implies uncompromising inflexibility. rigid rules of conduct.
What is the synonym of the word flexibility?Synonyms & Near Synonyms for flexibility. changeability, mutability, variability, variableness.
Which one is an inflexible activity?Mopping is an inflexible activity.
What is the root of inflexible?Combine the Latin root words in- meaning "not" and flectere, "to bend" and you have the very meaning of inflexible: not able to bend.
Can you go from inflexible to flexible?Even the most inflexible person can become flexible if they are willing to put the work into it. Flexibility is a skill that you can work on and improve at any age, you just need to believe that you can do it first.
What is the synonym of stiff?rigid, hard, firm, hardened, inelastic, non-flexible, inflexible, ungiving. rare impliable, unmalleable. flexible, plastic, limp. 2'mix to a stiff paste' semi-solid, viscous, viscid, thick, stiffened.
What does Stiff mean in slang?(slang) A person who is deceived, as a mark or pigeon in a swindle. She convinced the stiff to go to her hotel room, where her henchman was waiting to rob him. (slang) A cadaver; a dead person. quotations ▼synonyms ▲ Synonyms: see Thesaurus:corpse, Thesaurus:body.
What does the adjective stiff backed mean?Definition of stiff-backed
1 : rigidly erect a stiff-backed sergeant. 2 : punctiliously correct : haughty, unbending a stiff-backed aristocrat stiff-backed Boston.
What is lack of flexibility?Lack of flexibility also affects your muscles. Inflexible muscles caused by joint tightness tend to tire much more quickly, which in turn forces the opposing muscle groups to work harder. This can increase your risk of muscular and joint injuries.
What causes inflexibility?There are various reasons for inflexibility. We have always known that age, gender, sedentary lifestyle and also excessive exercise of a certain type can contribute to inflexibility. It is a well known fact that women are more flexible than men because of joint and bone structures.
Useful articles on When something is inflexible?
Inflexible – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms – Vocabulary.com
- Summary: Inflexible – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms Something inflexible does not bend easily. A stiff back can make you inflexible, or unable to fold over and touch your toes. A really busy schedule can make you inflexible or unable to bend or accommodate your plans for others. Combine the Latin root words in- meaning “not” and flectere, “to bend” and you have the very meaning of inflexible: not…
- Rating: 4.2 ⭐
- Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/inflexible
inflexible Definitions and Synonyms – Macmillan Dictionary
- Summary: INFLEXIBLE (adjective) American English definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionaryinflexible Definitions and SynonymsadjectiveUS /ɪnˈfleksəb(ə)l/ DEFINITIONS2 1not willing to change your ideas, beliefs, or decisionsthe demands of inflexible managersThe courts remained stubbornly inflexible.Synonyms and related wordsWords used to describe someone who is stubborn and narrow-mindedstubbornnarrowintolerant… Explore Thesaurus 1anot…
- Rating: 1.19 ⭐
- Source: https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/inflexible
Best 88 synonyms for inflexible – Thesaurus
- Summary: Inflexible synonyms | Best 88 synonyms for inflexible Inflexible synonyms and antonyms ĭn-flĕk’sə-bəl Category: most common Unique synonym related antonym idiom Part of speech: Scrupulously or severely maintained or performed; rigorous or harsh: Not to be altered; immutable: Hardened in wrongdoing…
- Rating: 4.18 ⭐
- Source: https://thesaurus.yourdictionary.com/inflexible
78 Synonyms & Antonyms for INFLEXIBLE – Thesaurus.com
- Summary: Synonyms of inflexible | Thesaurus.comThesaurus / inflexibleFEEDBACKSee definition of inflexible on Dictionary.comadj.stubbornadj.hardened, stiffsynonyms for inflexibleadamant immutable intractable obstinate resolute rigid rigorous steadfast strict stringent uncompromising unyielding adamantine determined dogged dyed-in-the-wool firm fixed hang-tough hard hard-and-fast immovable implacable indomitable inexorable iron obdurate relentless set set in…
- Rating: 2.32 ⭐
- Source: https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/inflexible
INFLEXIBLE | Meaning & Definition for UK English – Lexico.com
- Summary: Dictionary.com Is The World’s Favorite Online DictionaryTry Our Daily Crossword Puzzle!Get your daily dose of wordplay with our free Crossword Puzzle. Stay sharp by challenging yourself to a new puzzle every day!WORD OF THE DAY[ uh-men-duh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee ]GAMES & ACTIVITIESFlex your word muscles and improve your language and writing…
- Rating: 3.49 ⭐
- Source: https://www.lexico.com/definition/inflexible
inflexible synonyms with definition – Macmillan Thesaurus
- Summary: inflexible synonyms with definition | Macmillan Thesaurusbr adjectivetopicsexplore inflexible – adjectivenot willing to change ideas or decisionsSynonyms:39 more wordsPreviousNext not easily changedSynonyms:35 more wordsPreviousNext stiff and not able to bendTopics for “inflexible”Explore moreSynonyms:loud, single-minded, vocal, spirited, rabid, didactic, tub-thumping, violently us
- Rating: 4.1 ⭐
- Source: https://www.macmillanthesaurus.com/inflexible
Inflexible synonyms, inflexible antonyms – FreeThesaurus.com
- Summary: inflexible adjSynonyms for inflexiblefixedobstinatestiffCollins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002Synonyms for inflexiblenot changing shape or bendingincapable of changing or being modifiedfirmly, often unreasonably immovable in purpose or willThe American Heritage® Roget’s Thesaurus….
- Rating: 2.93 ⭐
- Source: https://www.freethesaurus.com/inflexible
inflexibility noun – Oxford Learner's Dictionaries
- Summary: inflexibility noun – Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes(disapproving) the fact that something cannot be changed or made more suitable for a particular situation synonym rigidity (1)the inflexibility of strict policy rules (disapproving) the attitude of a person or organization that refuses to change their opinions, decisions, etc., or the way they do thingsHis…
- Rating: 3.81 ⭐
- Source: https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/english/inflexibility
INFLEXIBLE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Summary: inflexible Meaning of inflexible in English inflexible | Intermediate English inflexible adjective (NOT CHANGING) inflexible adjective (STIFF) (Definition of inflexible from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press) Examples of inflexible inflexible A rep that’s having a bad day is going to be just as inflexible and unsympathetic…
- Rating: 1.47 ⭐
- Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/inflexible
inflexible – Longman Dictionary
- Summary: inflexible | meaning of inflexible in Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Word family (noun) flexibility ≠ inflexibility (adjective) flexible ≠ inflexible (adverb) flexibly ≠ inflexibly From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishinflexiblein‧flex‧i‧ble /ɪnˈfleksəbəl/ AWL adjective 1 CHANGE/BECOME DIFFERENTunwilling to make even the slightest change in your attitudes, plans etc OPP flexible inflexible attitudes towards change2 CHANGE/MAKE something DIFFERENTinflexible rules, arrangements etc are impossible to change…
- Rating: 2.99 ⭐
- Source: https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/inflexible