Aerialist comes from the Latin word aerius, “airy, lofty, or high,” from the Greek aerios, “of the air.”
The answer you’ve been waiting for is here now. a list of pertinent questions and answers that you might occasionally need.
Where did the word aerialist come from? – All you need to know
What aerialist means?Definition of aerialist : one who performs feats in the air or above the ground especially on the trapeze.
Where does the word aerial originate?aerial (adj.) also aërial, c. 1600, “pertaining to the air,” from Latin aerius “airy, aerial, lofty, high” (from Greek aerios “of the air, pertaining to air,” from a?r “air;” see air (n. 1))
What is Areale?1a : of, relating to, or occurring in the air or atmosphere the aerial acrobatics of circus performers. b : existing or growing in the air rather than in the ground or in water aerial plants. c(1) : high in the air aerial spires.
Is aerially a word?Aerially definition In an aerial manner. Via the air, as in aerial transmission of diseases. Some months later it was determined that the infection resisted containment measures so easily because it was transmitted aerially.
What is an aerial act?What is an Aerial act? From a Flying Trapeze, to a sultry Aerial Hoop act. Aerial acts are performances where the artist is suspended above the stage or your audience. This style of performance will add a whole new dimension and unique touch to your or event.
What is the difference between areal and aerial??Aerial? is a noun and adjective that can describe things that relate to the air or radio antennas. ?Areal? is an adjective that can refer to things relating to a particular area.
How do Americans spell aerial?aerial | American Dictionary
of, from, or in the air: Aerial photographs are used in making these maps.
Are American aerials or British?Aerial: Aerial is a British word that means a rod, wire or a structure through which signals are transmitted.
When did areal become a word?areal (adj.)
“pertaining to an area,” 1670s, from Latin arealis, from area “level ground, open space” (see area).
Is Arial a Scrabble word?ARIAL is not a valid scrabble word.
Is Arie a word?No, arie is not in the scrabble dictionary.
Is Arel a Scrabble word?AREL is not a valid scrabble word.
What is the American equivalent of aerial?The American word is antenna.
Why is it called a aerial?relating to the air or atmosphere. From Latin aerius ?airy,? from Greek aerios ?of the air.? As a noun, an aerial is a wire, rod or other structure by which airborne radio waves are transmitted or received. areal: adj.
Part of a video titled How To Do An Aerial (Cartwheel With No Hands) – YouTubeyt:Tw3arcqQ_Fc
What’s a cartwheel with no hands called?Aerial cartwheels are also known by various other names, including side flip, side somersault, air cartwheel, no-hands cartwheels, or simply aerials.
Explore Where did the word aerialist come from? with tags: Aerialist classes, Aerialist classes near me, Aerialist definition, Aerialist salary, Aerialist near me, Trapeze, Trapeze definition
The most helpful answer about Where did the word aerialist come from?
Aerialist – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms | Vocabulary.com
- Summary: Aerialist – Definition, Meaning & Synonyms An aerialist is an acrobat who specializes in mid-air tricks, like trapeze performances. If you go to the circus, you’ll get to watch aerialists flying through the air. Trapeze artists, aerial hoop acrobats, and other mid-air performers can all be called aerialists. They are distinguished from dancers, tumblers, and gymnasts by the fact that audiences have to…
- Rating: 4.67 ⭐
- Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/aerialist
aerial | Etymology, origin and meaning of aerial by etymonline
- Summary: Etymology, origin and meaning of aerial by etymonlinec. 1300, “invisible gases that surround the earth,” from Old French air “atmosphere, breeze, weather” (12c.), from Latin aer “air, lower atmosphere, sky,” from Greek aēr (genitive aeros) “mist, haze, clouds,” later “atmosphere” (perhaps related to aenai “to blow, breathe”), which is of unknown origin. It is possibly from a PIE *awer- and thus…
- Rating: 2.12 ⭐
- Source: https://www.etymonline.com/word/aerial
Aerialist Definition & Meaning – Merriam-Webster
- Summary: Definition of AERIALIST Examples of aerialist in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web Top 5 revealed First up to learn their fates were singer Wyn Starks and aerialist couple Duo Rings. — Charles Trepany, USA TODAY, 18 Aug. 2022 The new name was longer, but the show’s ranks were thinner, a move considered a pandemic precaution, which benched the tumble…
- Rating: 4.23 ⭐
- Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aerialist
aerialist – Wiktionary
- Summary: aerialist – Wiktionary Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary Jump to navigation Jump to search English Etymology aerial + -ist Noun aerialist (plural aerialists) An acrobat performing high off the ground, defying a fall to earth, as on a trapeze or a tightrope. 1879, Edward Dusseault, “Recollections of Other Days,” Ballou’s Monthly Magazine, Volume 50, No. 6, December, 1879, p. 564, […] I chanced once, when I…
- Rating: 4.33 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/aerialist
Aerial silk – Wikipedia
- Summary: Aerial silk Aerial silks (also known as aerial contortion, aerial ribbons, aerial tissues, fabric, ribbon, or tissu, depending on personal preference) is a type of performance in which one or more artists perform aerial acrobatics while hanging from a fabric. The fabric may be hung as two pieces, or a single piece, folded to make a loop, classified as hammock silks. Performers climb the suspended fabric without…
- Rating: 1.59 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_silk
Aerial Definition & Meaning – Dictionary.com
- Summary: Definition of aerial | Dictionary.comTop Definitions Quiz Related Content Examples British This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.[ adjective air-ee-uhl, ey-eer-ee-uhl; noun air-ee-uhl ]/ adjective ˈɛər i əl, eɪˈɪər i əl; noun ˈɛər i əl /This shows grade level based on the word’s complexity.adjectiveof, in, or produced by the air: aerial currents.inhabiting or frequenting the air: aerial creatures.operating on a track or…
- Rating: 2.75 ⭐
- Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/aerial
Aerialists synonyms, aerialists antonyms – FreeThesaurus.com
- Summary: aerialistsAerialists synonyms, aerialists antonyms – FreeThesaurus.comhttps://www.freethesaurus.com/aerialists aerialist (redirected from aerialists)Also found in: Dictionary. nounWords related to aerialistan acrobat who performs in the air (as on a rope or trapeze)Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc. References in periodicals archive ? The thrills come courtesy of their fellow circus artists, including rhythmic gymnast Elena Gatilova, whose transformation from caterpillar cleaning lady into butterfly aerialist…
- Rating: 1.9 ⭐
- Source: https://www.freethesaurus.com/aerialists
aerial – WordReference.com Dictionary of English
- Summary: aerial – WordReference.com Dictionary of English See Also: aequorin aer- aerarian aerarium aerate aerator aere perennius aerenchyma aeri- Aeria aerial aerial ladder aerial mine aerial mosaic aerial perspective aerial photograph aerial railway aerial survey aerial tanker aerial top dressing aerial tramway Recent searches: View All aerial WordReference Random House Learner’s Dictionary of American English © 2022aer•i•al /ˈɛriəl/USA pronunciation adj. of, in, produced by, or done in the air:aerial photography….
- Rating: 4.94 ⭐
- Source: https://www.wordreference.com/definition/aerial
Aerial Silks Word Art Print Aerialist Gift Gift for – Etsy
- Summary: Aerial Silks Word Art Print Aerialist Gift Gift for – Etsy Star Seller Star Sellers have an outstanding track record for providing a great customer experience—they consistently earned 5-star reviews, shipped orders on time, and replied quickly to any messages they received. | 22,896 sales | 5 out of 5 stars Aerial Silks Word Art Print, Aerialist Gift, Gift for Aerialist, Aerial Hoop Silks Gift, Aerialist Art Poster, Gymnastics Coach…
- Rating: 4.47 ⭐
- Source: https://www.etsy.com/listing/868941134/aerial-silks-word-art-print-aerialist
What is another word for aerial? – WordHippo Thesaurus
- Summary: What is another word for aerial? | Aerial Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus Need synonyms for aerial? Here’s a list of similar words from our thesaurus that you can use instead. Living or occurring in the air “The fighter planes would put on an mesmerizing aerial display.” Of, resembling, or consisting of, air or gas “Now, I told you a few moments ago that the aerial substance…
- Rating: 3.46 ⭐
- Source: https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/aerial.html