Proxime accessit (Latin proxime, ‘next’, and accessit, ‘he approached’) An expression used in prize lists and the like for the runner-up, the one who came very near the winner. … This page should provide the answers to your queries. Top-ranked, most helpful solutions are provided without charge.
Where does the word proxime accessit come from? – All helpful answers
proxime accessit in British English (ˈprɒksɪmɪ…proxime accessit in British English (?pr?ks?m? æk?s?s?t ) the person coming next after the winner in a competitive examination or an academic prize giving; runner-up.
This can lead to scholarships at…This can lead to scholarships at universities. The runner-up may be given the title proxime accessit (meaning “he/she came next“) or semidux. In Portuguese universities the Dux is the most senior of students, usually in charge of overseeing the praxe (initiation rituals for the freshmen).
The ‘Proxima Accessit Prize’ is a…The ‘Proxima Accessit Prize’ is a current, academic award offered to a student for their performance in the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE). It is awarded on the basis of the previous year’s VCE results
Explore Where does the word proxime accessit come from? with tags: Proxime accessit Dux meaning, Proxime meaning, Proxime Accessit award, Proxime accessit pronunciation, Accessit meaning, Proximity meaning
The most recent information about Where does the word proxime accessit come from?
Meaning of “proxime accessit” in the English dictionary
- Summary: PROXIME ACCESSIT – Definition and synonyms of proxime accessit in the English dictionary Educalingo cookies are used to personalize ads and get web traffic statistics. We also share information about the use of the site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Download the app educalingo ETYMOLOGY OF THE WORD PROXIME ACCESSIT Latin: he came next. Etymology is the…
- Author: educalingo.com
- Rating: 1.72 ⭐
- Source: https://educalingo.com/en/dic-en/proxime-accessit
Proxime accessit Definition & Meaning – Dictionary.com
- Summary: Definition of proxime accessit | Dictionary.comTop Definitions Quiz Examples nounthe person coming next after the winner in a competitive examination or an academic prize giving; runner-upQUIZSHALL WE PLAY A “SHALL” VS. “SHOULD” CHALLENGE?Should you take this quiz on “shall” versus “should”? It should prove to be a quick challenge!Which form is commonly used with other verbs to express intention?Word Origin for proxime accessitLatin: he came nextWords nearby proxime accessitproxemics, Proxima, Proxima Centauri,…
- Author: dictionary.com
- Rating: 1 ⭐
- Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/proxime-accessit
proxime accessit – Dictionary of difficult words
- Summary: proxime accessit proxime accessit ‘(he or she) came nearest’; n. competitor next to prize-winner. Dictionary of difficult words. 2015. Look at other dictionaries: proxime accessit — [ˌprɒksɪmeɪ ak sɛsɪt, mi] noun the person who comes second in an examination or is runner up for an award. Origin L., lit. came very near … English new terms dictionary proxime accessit — n. 1 second place in an examination etc. 2 a…
- Author: difficult_words.en-academic.com
- Rating: 1.37 ⭐
- Source: https://difficult_words.en-academic.com/11121/proxime_accessit
proxime accessit – Latin is Simple Online Dictionary
- Summary: proxime accessit – Latin is Simple Online Dictionary Skip to main content New: Create an account Create your own Vocabulary Lists, share them with friends or colleagues. More to come! Log in Trainer Vocabulary Sentence Analysis Library Search for Latin forms, English & German translations and vocabulary groups. Latin – English, English – Latin proxime accessit Phrase Meaning: he came next Comment the runner-up Word-for-word analysis: A much more…
- Author: latin-is-simple.com
- Rating: 1.34 ⭐
- Source: https://www.latin-is-simple.com/en/vocabulary/phrase/1550/
Translation of proxime accessit from Latin into English – LingQ
- Summary: Translation of proxime accessit from Latin into English WANT TO LEARN A NEW LANGUAGE? Learn from content you love! Sign Up Free
- Author: lingq.com
- Rating: 2.57 ⭐
- Source: https://www.lingq.com/en/learn-latin-online/translate/la/28656927/proxime-accessit/