AnnelidsMetamerism is the repetition of homologous body segments. This type of development can be seen in the Annelids, which include earthworms, leeches, tubeworms, and their relatives. It is also seen in a more advanced form in the Arthropods, such as crustaceans, insects, and their relatives. There are other questions connected to the one you are searching for below. You might find it useful in some way. Check now!
Where is metamerism found? – Popularly Asked Questions
So, the correct answer is ‘Chordata’So, the correct answer is ‘Chordata‘
In addition, an animal may be…In addition, an animal may be classified as “pseudometameric”, meaning that it has clear internal metamerism but no corresponding external metamerism – as is seen, for example, in Monoplacophora. Humans and other chordates are conspicuous examples of organisms that have metameres intimately grouped into tagmata.
segmentation, also called metamerism, or metameric…segmentation, also called metamerism, or metameric segmentation, in zoology, the condition of being constructed of a linear series of repeating parts, each being a metamere (body segment, or somite) and each being formed in sequence in the embryo, from anterior to posterior.
Homonomous Metamerism: If the segments or…Homonomous Metamerism: If the segments or somites of the animal are all alike, the’ segmentation is called homonomous metamerism. It is seen in annelids.
Explore Where is metamerism found? with tags: What is metamerism in Biology Class 11, Homonomous metamerism, True metamerism, Metamerism is found in which phylum, Metamerism examples, Metamerism in Annelida, Metamerism in arthropods, Define metamerism in zoology
Additional information on Where is metamerism found?
Metamerism (biology) – Wikipedia
- Summary: Metamerism (biology) Earthworms are a classic example of biological homonymous metamery – the property of repeating body segments with distinct regions In biology, metamerism is the phenomenon of having a linear series of body segments fundamentally similar in structure, though not all such structures are entirely alike in any single life form because some of them perform special functions. In…
- Author: en.wikipedia.org
- Rating: 2.27 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamerism_(biology)
Metamerism: Occurrence, Features and Types
- Summary: Metamerism: Occurrence, Features and Types Article Shared by In this article we will discuss about Metamerism in Annelids:- 1. Meaning of Metamerism 2. Occurrence of Metamerism 3. Characetristic Features 4. Types 5. Origin 6. Significance. Meaning of Metamerism: Metameric segmentation or metamerism is an architectural body plan in some animals in which the similar body segments and organ systems are serially repeated one after another….
- Author: biologydiscussion.com
- Rating: 3.13 ⭐
- Source: https://www.biologydiscussion.com/invertebrate-zoology/phylum-annelida/metamerism-occurrence-features-and-types/33321
Phylum Annelida: Origin and Significance of Metamerism
- Summary: Phylum Annelida: Origin and Significance of Metamerism Introduction Metamerism is the condition when the general segmentation of bilateral animals involves longitudinal division of the body into linear series of similar sections. Metamerism is also known as metameric segmentation. Each section is called metamere or somite or segment. Each of these segments has repeats of some or all units of organs. This term metamerism is used only when the organs of mesodermal origin are so arranged. Metamerism is a Greek…
- Author: studyandscore.com
- Rating: 1.32 ⭐
- Source: https://www.studyandscore.com/studymaterial-detail/phylum-annelida-origin-and-significance-of-metamerism
segmentation | zoology – Encyclopedia Britannica
- Summary: segmentation | zoology Entertainment & Pop Culture Geography & Travel Health & Medicine Lifestyles & Social Issues Literature Philosophy & Religion Politics, Law & Government Science Sports & Recreation Technology Visual Arts World History On This Day in History Quizzes Podcasts Dictionary Biographies Summaries Top Questions Week In Review Infographics Demystified Lists #WTFact Companions Image Galleries Spotlight The Forum One Good Fact Entertainment & Pop…
- Author: britannica.com
- Rating: 1.31 ⭐
- Source: https://www.britannica.com/science/segmentation-zoology
Metamerism is the characteristic of A. Ascaris B. Pheretima C …
- Summary: Metamerism is the characteristic of A Ascaris B Pheretima class 11 biology CBSEMetamerism is the characteristic ofA. AscarisB. PheretimaC. PeriplanetaD. HydraAnswerVerifiedHint: Metamerism is a phenomenon in which the body is segmented both externally and internally. Each segment thus formed is called a metamere and is arranged in a linear series. This interesting process of metameric segmentation is exhibited by organisms of…
- Author: vedantu.com
- Rating: 4.81 ⭐
- Source: https://www.vedantu.com/question-answer/metamerism-is-the-characteristic-of-a-ascaris-b-class-11-biology-cbse-5fbb0e0da8ffee1f309f8c11