Missy LynchMissy Lynch—owner of the Hampton Jitney—has put her Quogue waterfront home on the market for $5,759,000. Lynch purchased Jitney back in 1988 with her husband, which has been in operation for almost 45 years.
This page should provide the answers to your queries. Top-ranked, most helpful solutions are provided without charge.
Who owns hampton jitney? – All useful solutions
Who founded the Hampton Jitney?The dream of founder James Davidson who came up with the name, ?Hampton Jitney,? (he coined the name at a dinner party at artist Loren Dunlap’s Sagaponack house) was originally to create a bike bus to ferry people and bikes from Amagansett to Southampton College so that one could get about without a car, to get to work ..
Where does the Hampton Jitney leave from?Hampton Jitney does provide transportation to the airports via our Airport Connection Stop in Queens . Passengers disembark at Main Street and the Westbound L.I.E. Service Road in Queens .
Does the Hampton Jitney run all year?Since October, 11, 2010, the Hampton Jitney is the only year-round transportation provider between New York City and the North Fork on weekends and major holidays.
Can you drink on the Hampton Jitney?Beverage Service: Coffee, juice, water and soft drinks are available. Meal Service: danish or muffins through complete light meals for lunch or dinner on board. Light Snacks: Hampton Jitney can provide individually bagged snacks such as potato chips, pretzels, etc.
Do Hampton jitney buses have bathrooms?(On the regular Jitney, a reservation guarantees only a seat on the bus. If it is almost full when you board, you may end up in the seat by the restroom.) The Ambassador also provides something more than water with snacks: wine.
How long does the Hamptons Jitney take?Our service moves from NYC to/from the East End in 2 hours. No other company can match our speed. Please be safe and let’s stay connected however we can.
How many people fit on a jitney?Wave jitneys operate on a fixed-route, fixed rate, as a circulating shuttle that has a seating capacity of more than 9 passengers and less than 15 passengers. Wave jitneys are the size of airport shuttle buses, but WAY nicer.
Do Hampton jitneys have bathrooms?Generally, there are clean bathrooms, snacks, and Wi-Fi on board. The main bus to the Hamptons is the Jitney, and the less-frequent-but-fancier buses are the Ambassador (also operated by the Hampton Jitney Company) and the Luxury Liner.
Why is it called a jitney?A jitney is a vehicle, usually a bus, that carries passengers for a very low fare. The term originated in the early 1900s to describe a private bus or car that ferried people between a city bus and a taxi. The name came from the slang term, jitney, meaning a nickel. Any length of ride on a jitney cost five cents.
How do you get from NYC to the Hamptons without a car?The bus option is the Jitney to the Hamptons! The Hampton Jitney is a large bus that offers 3 routes to and from the Hamptons to NYC and NYC to the Hamptons. The Jitney is actually a pretty comfortable option with wifi on board, bathrooms, and snacks all available on your journey.
Explore Who owns hampton jitney? with tags: Hampton Jitney Ambassador, Hamptons Jitney schedule, Hampton Jitney stops, Hampton Jitney number, Boston Jitney, Hampton Jitney cancellation policy, Hampton Jitney packages, Hampton Jitney cost
The most helpful answer about Who owns hampton jitney?
Hampton Jitney – Wikipedia
- Summary: Hampton JitneyHampton JitneyHampton Jitney Prevost #101 lays over on 86 Street on Manhattan’s Upper East Side.Founded1974Headquarters253 Edwards Avenue, Calverton, New YorkLocaleEastern Long IslandService areaNorth and South ForksService typeLine run, contract serviceAllianceInternational Motor Coach GroupRoutes6 operated by Hampton Jitney5 operated by Twin Forks Transit as Suffolk County TransitStops18 in Manhattan2 airport connections10 for Montauk service5 for Westhampton service15 for North Fork serviceHubsThe Omni…
- Rating: 1.55 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_Jitney
Hampton Jitney owner lists $5.8M waterfront estate
- Summary: Hampton Jitney owner lists $5.8M waterfront estate Hampton Jitney buses are ubiquitous across the city, transporting hordes of folks to and from vacation homes all summer long. Now the owner of the company, Missy Lynch, is selling her waterfront Quogue estate for $5.79 million. The news was first reported by Curbed. Located at 32 Penniman Point Road, the property sits on 5.2…
- Rating: 4.38 ⭐
- Source: https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/hampton-jitney-owner-lists-5-8m-waterfront-estate/
T.J. Clemente's -The story of 'The Hampton Jitney' – Patch
- Summary: T.J. Clemente’s -The story of ‘The Hampton Jitney’- Hamptons Tradition #9Skip to main contentNorth Fork, NYWesthampton-Hampton Bays, NYEast Hampton, NYRiverhead, NYMontauk, NYCenter Moriches-Eastport, NYClinton, CTShirley-Mastic, NYThe Lymes, CTEssex-Chester-Deep River, CTNew YorkTop National NewsSee All CommunitiesThis post was contributed by a community member. The views expressed here are the author’s own.The is always an option when one must suddenly, reliably get into New York City from the Hamptons.With almost clockwork timing,…
- Rating: 2.34 ⭐
- Source: https://patch.com/new-york/southampton/bp–tj-clementes-hamptons-traditions-9-she-story-of-t87f4d38385
Hampton Jitney diversifies service beyond its seasonal trips
- Summary: Hampton Jitney diversifies service beyond its seasonal tripsHampton Jitney Inc. pioneered the way east from New York to the Hamptons, and carries roughly 300,000 riders on that route from April to October. Now the family-run company is looking north and south, as it diversifies beyond its iconic seasonal business.Geoffrey Lynch, the 46-year-old president of Hampton Jitney, said the Southampton-based company makes 70 percent of its more…
- Rating: 3.21 ⭐
- Source: https://www.newsday.com/business/hampton-jitney-diversifies-service-beyond-its-seasonal-trips-b13282
A History of the Hampton Jitney – Dan's Papers
- Summary: A History of the Hampton Jitney – Dan’s PapersIn the fall of 1973, an advertising man I knew named Jim Davidson came to see me in my office in Bridgehampton to tell me of an idea he had. He was in his early 30s at the time, as was I, and he had a summer house in Water Mill and thought the time had come to do something about using…
- Rating: 1.21 ⭐
- Source: https://www.danspapers.com/2014/07/a-history-of-the-hampton-jitney/
How the Hampton Jitney Got Its Name – Dan's Papers
- Summary: How the Hampton Jitney Got Its NameDefinition of Jitney: 1. An unlicensed taxicab. 2. A small bus that carries passengers over a regular route on a flexible schedule. 3. Slang for ‘nickel.’ Jim Davidson, a young entrepreneur living in Water Mill, got the idea for the Hampton Jitney. But it wasn’t for buses that would go back and forth between the Hamptons and Manhattan. Jim’s idea, in…
- Rating: 4.12 ⭐
- Source: https://www.danspapers.com/2020/08/how-the-hampton-jitney-got-its-name/
>7:25Jeff Lynch – Hampton Jitney … Covid Hamptons – East Hampton Pandemic Videos … Ian Calder-Piedmonte – Owner – Balsam Farms.YouTube · Covid Hamptons – East Hampton Pandemic Videos · Mar 31, 2022
Hampton Jitney – Wikiwand
- Summary: WikiwandHampton Jitney is a family owned, premier commuter motorcoach company, based in Southampton, NY, operating three primary routes from the east end of Long Island (The Hamptons and the North Fork) to New York City. Hampton Jitney also operates charter and tour services, along with local transit bus service in eastern Suffolk County under contract with Twin Forks Transit which runs the routes under contract with Suffolk County Transit….
- Rating: 3.7 ⭐
- Source: https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Hampton_Jitney
Hampton Jitney Owner Lists Lovely Quogue Home
- Summary: Hampton Jitney Owner Lists Lovely Quogue Home – Cottages & Gardens 1/11 Photographs Courtesy of Corcoran Real EstateIf you’ve ever hitched a ride to or from your vacation home on the Hampton Jitney, you have company owner Missy Lynch to thank. The entrepreneur, who purchased the famously reliable bus company in 1988, has now listed her own Hamptons home for $5.795…
- Rating: 1.49 ⭐
- Source: https://www.cottagesgardens.com/hampton-jitney-owner-lists-lovely-quogue-home/