1. The late Darren McGavin played bookmaker Gus Sands in the movie but received no credit for his role. The reason often given is that McGavin was cast very late in the production, and rather than receive a lesser credit, he chose no credit at all. Below is a collection of questions with topics related to the question you are looking for. It could be able to help you in some way. Now check!
Why was darren mcgavin uncredited in the natural? – All useful solutions
Why did Darren McGavin uncredited in The Natural?In the recent retrospective documentary on the Special Edition DVD of this movie, Robert Prosky (the Judge) claimed McGavin was cast late in the picture, and would have received a lesser billing than the other stars. Thus McGavin chose to go uncredited.
George WilkoszGeorge Wilkosz
This is the tragic end of…This is the tragic end of our hero. Roy’s lost his honor and his self-respect. He can’t look his fans in the face, and he surely can’t go back to baseball. He finally realizes that it was his own mistakes that brought him to this point, but that realization is too little and way too late.
McGavin hated much of his time…McGavin hated much of his time on the Spillane show, re-envisioning the hard-drinking detective as a campy, almost comic character. On Riverboat, he reportedly feuded with costar Burt Reynolds over attention and salary.Mar 1, 2006
Explore Why was darren mcgavin uncredited in the natural? with tags: Darren McGavin eye The Natural, How did Darren McGavin lose his eye, Darren McGavin Bewitched, Darren McGavin – imdb, Was Darren McGavin in Christmas Vacation, Savoy Special bat
Excellent information on Why was darren mcgavin uncredited in the natural?
The Natural (1984) – Trivia – IMDb
- Summary: The Natural (1984) – IMDb The bat that bat boy Bobby Savoy gives Roy is called the “Savoy Special”. The Savoy Special was a brand of beer in the 1930s, and was made by the United States Brewing Company. This bat is now in the collection at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, New York, displayed along with Roy Hobb’s jacket in an exhibit…
- Author: imdb.com
- Rating: 1.65 ⭐
- Source: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087781/trivia/
Darrin McGavin 'Not Credited' in 'The Natural'? Why?
- Summary: Darrin McGavin ‘Not Credited’ in ‘The Natural’? Why? Darrin McGavin ‘Not Credited’ in ‘The Natural’? Why? by » 7 years ago(March 30, 2015 01:13 PM) Reply | Member since April 2006 In “The Natural” starring Robert Redford along with a great cast … Darrin McGavin played the role of bookie Gus Sands. In the credits, the late and GREAT Mr. McGavin was ‘NOT CREDITED’. Why? I mean why not? His was a key…
- Author: filmboards.com
- Rating: 4.43 ⭐
- Source: https://filmboards.com/board/p/2481633/
Darren McGavin (as Gus Sands) due to a contract … – Reddit
- Summary: r/Movie_Trivia – Two significant roles in “The Natural” are uncredited – Darren McGavin (as Gus Sands) due to a contract dispute; and director Barry Levinson (as the film’s play-by-play announcer).The best movie and TV trivia from moviemistakes.com and anywhere else you find it. Found an interesting fact about a film, cast or crew, the film industry, a ‘behind the scenes’ titbit, easter egg, interesting mistake, or anything along those lines? Share it…
- Author: reddit.com
- Rating: 1.6 ⭐
- Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Movie_Trivia/comments/egfzf1/two_significant_roles_in_the_natural_are/
The Natural (film) – Wikipedia
- Summary: The Natural (film) The NaturalTheatrical release posterDirected byBarry LevinsonScreenplay byRoger TownePhil DusenberryBased onThe Natural1952 novelby Bernard MalamudProduced byMark JohnsonStarring Robert Redford Robert Duvall Glenn Close Kim Basinger Wilford Brimley Barbara Hershey Robert Prosky Richard Farnsworth CinematographyCaleb DeschanelEdited byStu LinderMusic byRandy NewmanProductioncompanyDelphi II ProductionsDistributed byTri-Star PicturesRelease date May 11, 1984 Running time138 minutes144 minutes(Director’s Cut)CountryUnited StatesLanguageEnglishBudget$28 millionBox office$48 million The Natural is a 1984 American sports film based on Bernard Malamud’s 1952 novel of the same name, directed…
- Author: en.wikipedia.org
- Rating: 4.26 ⭐
- Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Natural_(film)
What does the ending of The Natural mean? – High tech guide
- Summary: What does the ending of The Natural mean? Was Roy Hobbs a real baseball player? Roy Hobbs is a fictional baseball player from the 1952 Bernard Malamud novel The Natural, made into the 1984 movie in which Hobbs was played by Robert Redford. … Hobbs’ shooting is based on 1950s baseball player Eddie Waitkus who was shot by a deranged fan, but survived to continue his baseball career.Oct…
- Author: high-tech-guide.com
- Rating: 1.05 ⭐
- Source: https://high-tech-guide.com/article/what-does-the-ending-of-the-natural-mean
Darrin McGavin – The Natural (1984) Discussion | MovieChat
- Summary: Darrin McGavin | MovieChat posted 10 years ago by mellicott65 10 replies | jump to latest Why isn’t Darrin McGavin credited in the movie? He was a main character in the movie, and one of Hollywood’s best character actors!!! reply [–] duckofprey 10 years ago From the trivia section:While late actor Darren McGavin had a major supporting role as the bookmaker Gus Sands…
- Author: moviechat.org
- Rating: 4.64 ⭐
- Source: https://moviechat.org/tt0087781/The-Natural/58c7420f6b51e905f66f00e9/Darrin-McGavin
Darren McGavin – Information, Please! – TCM Message Boards
- Summary: Darren McGavin I never saw his name credited either here, very near Buffalo, NY where the movie was made. This is what IMDb had to say: As mentioned in Leonard Maltin’s biographical piece on Mr. McGavin, he was indeed “curiously” uncredited in “The Natural.” During the filming of the movie, Robert Redford was so pleased with Mr. McGavin’s portrayal of his character that they began to expand the role….
- Author: forums.tcm.com
- Rating: 1.48 ⭐
- Source: https://forums.tcm.com/topic/1312-darren-mcgavin/
Here's What Happened to Darren McGavin of 'Kolchak
- Summary: Here’s What Happened to Darren McGavin of ‘Kolchak: The Night Stalker’ On August 6, 1956, Jerry Lewis was probably still reeling from the demise of Martin & Lewis, his 10-year partnership with Dean Martin which had effectively come to an end about a week earlier on the stage of New York’s Copacabana Club. To deal with it, he threw himself back into work on his first headlining film, The Delicate…
- Author: closerweekly.com
- Rating: 3.35 ⭐
- Source: https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/heres-what-happened-to-darren-mcgavin-of-kolchak-the-night-stalker/